The Kenya Cabinet consists of the President (Uhuru Kenyatta), the Deputy President (William Ruto), the Att0rney General (Prof. Githu Muigai) and 18 Cabinet Secretaries. The President nominate the Cabinet Secretaries and with the approval of Parliament, appoint Cabinet Secretaries who are not MPs.
List of Cabinet Secretaries in Kenya
- Dr.Fred Okengo Matiani – Cabinet Secretary, Ministry Information, Communication and Technology (ICT)
- James Wainaina Macharia – Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Health
- Amina Mohammed – Cabinet Secretary, Foreign Affairs
- Henry Rotich – Cabinet Secretary, National Treasury.
- Mr. Adan Mohammed – Ministry of industrialization and enterprise development
- Miss. Ann waiguru – Ministry of Devolution and planning
- Davis Chirchir – Ministry of Energy and Petroleum-
- Amb. Rachel Awuor Omamo – Ministry of Defence
- Eng. Michael S. Kamau – Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure
- Miss Phillis Chepkosgey Kandie – Ministry of East African Affairs, Commerce and Tourism
- Prof Jacob Kaimenyi – Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries – Felix Kiptarrus Kosgey
- Prof Judy Wakhungu – Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources
- Dr Hassan Wario – Ministry of Sports, Culture and Arts
- Najib Balala – Ministry of Mining
- Charity Kaloki Ngilu – Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban development
- Lawrence Lenayapa- State House Comptroller.
- Francis Kimemia – Secretary to the Cabinet
Cabinet Secretaries in Kenya functions are:-
- Store and maintain Cabinet documents.
- Prepare the agenda for Cabinet meetings.
- Executive briefs of Cabinet memoranda.
- Monitor Cabinet committee meetings.
- Disseminate Cabinet documents to ministers and permanent secretaries.
- Disseminate Cabinet decisions to ministers.
- Monitor implementation of Cabinet decisions.