Church in Kenya: The vast majority of Kenyans are Christians, and the Anglican and Roman Catholic Churches are the most established Christian denominations. Other well established African religions and denominations include the African Inland Church (AIC), Seventh Day Adventists (SDA), and the Presbyterian Church of East Africa (PCEA).
In addition, there are a number of Evangelical churches and Independent African Christian churches.
Kenya Religious Compisition
- Catholic Population – 9,010,684
- Protestant Population – 18,307,466
- Other Christian Population - 4.559,584
- Muslim Population – 4,304,798
- Hindu Population - 53,393
- Traditionalist Population - 635,352
- Other Religion Population- 557,450
- No Religion Population – 922,128
- Don’t Know – 61,233
Islam in Kenya
Islam is the second widely practised religion and the followers include the Sunni, Shia and Islamia. Muslims are about 10 per cent of the population.
Although Islam has spread throughout Kenya, the largest number of Muslims is found in the coastal region and North—Eastern Province.
Other parts of the country also have sizeable number of Muslims.
Kadhi’s courts have legal jurisdiction over personal law for the Muslims marriage, divorce and inheritance.