Colleges in Kenya
Even though many of us may never admit it, we join college to get the dream job or simply enhance our employability. A recruiter will attach a certain value to you based on your academic qualifications. And different colleges in Kenya are known for having a certain reputation that may affect their graduates in a positive or negative manner when they get into the job market.
Choosing the best colleges in Kenya by employability
So if you are yet to choose a college in Kenya, make sure you compare their track records and know what recruiters think of graduates from certain institutions. If the institution has a bad reputation, it may be difficult to acquire a job after graduating.
Accredited Colleges in Kenya – Registered Colleges in Kenya
If the school is not accredited for that course/programme, do not even think twice. Your qualification may be rendered useless once you graduate and you may have to take supplementary courses in order to get a job anywhere.
What to Consider when Choosing Colleges in Kenya
Here are a number of factors to consider when comparing colleges or universities in Kenya based on employment rate.
Colleges in Kenya – Check The College Statistics
Some Kenyan colleges will actually publish statistics on their employment rate for prospective students to see. You can get this information from the institution or simply by visiting their website. They may not give an employment rate for each programme, but an overall figure will also do.
If you can be able to check the proportion of graduates from a particular school that are in full employment, then this information should help you to make a wise decision on where to study.
Colleges in Kenya – College Reputation
Sometimes you may not get any figures on employability rates of Colleges in Kenya. But there’s always the reputation that an institution is well known for. Surprisingly, some of the opinions people have, regarding students of certain colleges in the region, will find their way into the recruiter’s offices.
During your job search, you are likely to come across recruiters with a certain opinion of a candidate even before they present their academic and personal qualifications that make them fit for a job. This is why it’s very important to do your own social research about a college before making an application.
If you attend an institution that is known to produce sharp students in a certain field of study, your employability will certainly increase. So be very keen and listen to other people’s opinion prior to submitting your application.
Colleges in Kenya – Internships and Work Experience
There are so many ways to increase your employability and one of the most effective ones is by adding internships and work experience to your CV. Employers will certainly find value in you if you have shown that you can work in other environments even before graduating. Most universities or colleges in Kenya will give their students enough time to gain professional experience before they graduate. Do not waste this precious time going for holidays. Make sure you look for a position in a company where you will acquire useful skills to make you more employable.
Choosing the Best Colleges in Kenya Based on Employability is simply not enough. Skills acquired will come a long way in your entry to the job market and throughout your career life. While many employers would always allow recruits at entry level to acquire vital skills while on the job, others would recruit based on experience.
Some Kenyan colleges are known to nurture their students to ensure that they are always ready to face the job market. For this reason, most employers would prefer students from these institutions as they are already groomed. It is also in the best interest of the student to acquire these vital skills while still at college. Therefore when making a choice, ensure you choose the best colleges in Kenya that goes a step further to groom students for the job market.
Best, Top Colleges in Kenya
Here is a comprehensive list of Colleges in Kenya their addresses (postal and physical), contacts (telephone and e-mail) and a link to the schools website.
List of Colleges in Kenya
- Accounting Colleges in Kenya – CPA Colleges in Kenya
- Agricultural Colleges in Kenya
- Applied Sciences Colleges in Kenya
- Aviation Schools in Kenya – Aviation Colleges in Kenya
- Beauty Colleges in Kenya – Beauty Schools in Kenya
- Best Driving Schools in Kenya
- Best Law Schools in Kenya
- Bible Colleges in Kenya – Theological Schools in Kenya
- Business Management and Administration Colleges in Kenya
- Business Schools in Kenya, Business Colleges in Kenya
- Catering Colleges in Kenya – Catering Schools in Kenya
- Computer Colleges in Kenya – IT Colleges in Kenya
- Counselling Colleges in Kenya
- Education Colleges in Kenya
- Engineering Colleges in Kenya – Engineering Schools in Kenya
- Fashion and Design Schools and Colleges in Kenya
- Hospitality Colleges in Kenya
- Language Schools in Kenya – Language Colleges in Kenya
- Media Schools in Kenya – Journalism Colleges in Kenya
- Medical Schools In Kenya – Medical Colleges in Kenya
- Music Schools in Kenya – Music Colleges in Kenya
- Nursing Schools in Kenya – Nursing Colleges in Kenya
- Polytechnics in Kenya
- Secretarial Colleges in Kenya
- Social Work and Community Development Colleges in Kenya
- Supplies and Logistics Colleges in Kenya
- Teachers Training Colleges in Kenya
- Technical Colleges in Kenya – Technical Training Institutes in Kenya
- Vocational Schools and Training Centres in Kenya
- What It Takes To Be A Great Employee
- Humour: Japan’s prime minister and Obama
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 25 Sexual (Dirty) Questions to Ask A Girl
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 20 Things 20 Year Olds Don’t Get
- Top My Dear SweetHeart …Love letter in maths
- When Lovers Wrote Letters With Dictionaries
- Application Form To Marry My Daughter
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For