Railway Training Institute was established in 1956 as a skill development centre for training Human resources for the then East African Railways and Harbours.
After the collapse of the East African Community, the school was fully owned by Kenya Railways Corporation and continued its mission as a training centre for specialized. Railway based courses.
In 1988, the Government of Kenya upgraded the school to a Training Institute to offer middle level training programmes at certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma qualifications, both in Technical and Business disciplines. To this end, the Institute opened its doors to the public in 1990.
Since 1990 the Institute has undergone phenomenal growth in student enrolment and programmes.
Railway training Institute has continued to produce a highly skilled and motivated manpower for both the Public and the Private sector.
Physical location:Nairobi Central business district
PO Box 10101 Nairobi,Kenya