About Wote Technical Training Institute
Wote Technical Training Institute was started as a skills training centre in 1990 by Voluntary Service Overseas and was offering short term courses to youth polytechnic instructors and Jua Kali artisans. A multipurpose hall and two staff houses were put up. Eight years ago, JICA donated 4 million that was used in putting up two hostels and masonry water tank.
The institute is located 3 kilometres from Wote town in Makueni County along the Wote-Makindu road. It is situated between Makueni Girls and the Ministry of public works offices on the slopes, of a scenic hill, overlooking Wote town. Phenomenal infrastructural development has taken place due to support by the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology.
The Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology, the B.O.G, teachers and non-teaching staff have enabled the following to be achieved within a short time.
- Face lifting of the main block and staff houses;
- Renovation of hostels;
- Acquisition of substantial tuition materials and office equipment;
- The launch of water project;
- The construction of an Automotive Engineering workshop
- The simultaneous construction of electrical/electronic engineering complex;
- Construction of stimulus project II workshops/ laboratories complex.
There is adequate accommodation for both male and female students while the fees charged is comparatively low. The environment is learner friendly
Wote Technical Training Institute – Contacts
Name: Wote Technical Training Institute
Physical Location: Makueni Eastern
Telephone: (254) 44 – 3309
In Case You Missed It
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- A Good Wife’s Guide – 10 things you need to DO to be a GOOD wife.
- Top 20 things men should never, ever, do — Just don’t do it
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 20 Things 20 – Year-Olds Don’t Get
- APPLICATION FORM TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER.