“The old constitution is blind to many areas that can ensure me equal opportunities or accountable governanc”
- Does not adequately address the identity of Kenyans and what brings them together.
- Does not provide for purpose, goals and values that Kenyans are to pursue as a people.
- Does not adequately address the relationship between the people, the Government and the State.
- Does not provide for socioeconomic and development rights.
- Allows for discrimination on matters of burial, adoption, marriage, divorce and property inheritance.
- Deprives direct citizenship to those born of Kenyan mothers but of foreign fathers.
- Only one centralized Government.
- An imperial presidency.
- The President has unchecked powers to appoint.
- A disproportional representation in the National Assembly.
- Cabinet seating both in Parliament and the Executive.
- No Supreme Court.
- Does not provide for devolved government.
- Does not provide for means of equitable distribution of resources.