Kenya Wine Agencies (KWAL) is a majority Government-owned company incorporated in May 1969 under the Companies Act (Cap 486) as a joint venture between the State through the Industrial and Commercial Development Corporation (ICDC) – and private investors. KWAL’s head office and factory are in Industrial Area, Nairobi.
lt was to consolidate importation and distribution of wines and spirits from foreign companies. This role was effectively discharged until the liberalisation of the economy when KWAL lost its monopoly. The company is now one among local and international players. KWAL established the first commercial winery in Kenya in 1982. KWAI, produces and supplies high quality products and services. The local wines have won international awards and have wide appeal throughout the region. It works with international wine companies to sell and distribute wines and spirits sought the world over.
The company is divided into three business components:
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
KWA Holdings EA Ltd – an investment and umbrella holding company. lt owns 6.25 per cent equity stake in Uchumi Supermarkets and 100 percent shareholding in KWAL and Yatta Vineyards Ltd
KWAL, the trading arm of the group, imports, distributes, manufactures and bottles. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of KWA Holdings EA Ltd. The company has four local branches: Mombasa, Nakuru, Kisumu and Nyeri; and two duty – free shops at Jomo Kenyatta International and Moi International airports and a foreign subsidiary, the Rwanda Duty free SARL
KWAL recently reopened the Kampala branch in Uganda which had been closed.