I asked God for strength that I might achieve.
God made me weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health that I might do greater things.
God gave me infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy.
God gave me poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.
God gave me weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
God gave me life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for,
but everything I hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.
In Case You Missed It
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- A Good Wife’s Guide – 10 things you need to DO to be a GOOD wife.
- Top 20 things men should never, ever, do — Just don’t do it
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 20 Things 20 – Year-Olds Don’t Get
- APPLICATION FORM TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER.