The Kenya Medical Training College headquarters and main campus are on a 20-acre piece of land on Mbagathi Road opposite Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi. KMTC’s core function is to train competent multi-disciplinary health professionals. With more than 14,000 students in over 50 medical courses, it is the biggest single contribution to the health sector and produces about 2,500 graduates a year. It has more than 1,500 members of staff-600 lectures and 900 non-teaching members. KMTC has 28 constitution colleges next to a provincial or district hospital where students go for clinical attachment.
KMTC started in 1972 with four students at the Kenya Institute of Administration (KIA) Kabate.Today; it is the largest medial training institution in East and Central Africa and attracts students from Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda, Sudan and Nigeria. The college offers many course-intensive care/critical care nursing, psychiatric,nursing, ophthalmic nursing, community health nursing, food science and inspection, occupational health and safety, solid waste management, epidemiology, health education and promotion, medical laboratory sciences, clinical medicine and surgery, medical education, medical imaging sciences, medical engineering, pharmacy and sensory integration.
Others are dental technology, health records and information technology, neurophysiology technology, optical and orthopedic technology.
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Application Form To Marry My Daughter
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
Other sate corporations are:
• Kenyatta National Hospital
• Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
• Kenya Medical Research Institute