Laikipia County Governor: Joshua Irungu
Joshua Wakahora Irungu was born on 2 February 1970 and is a Kenyan politician and Community development specialist. He was elected the inaugural governor of the County of Laikipia in Kenya”s general Elections of 2013, representing theJubilee Coalition party TNA
Joshua Irungu holds a Masters degree in Agriculture and Rural Development in addition to a Bachelor’s degree in Resource Management from Egerton University.
Joshua Irungu was a civil servant in Kenya’s Ministry of Agriculture until the year 2000. He was in charge of Agriculture and Livestock Development officers in charge of Laikipia West and Nyahururu divisions of what was then Laikipia District. He resigned from government and joined USAID, for whom he was in charge of the International Small Group and Tree planting programme(ISGTPP).
Joshua Irungu’s tenure as governor ran into controversy due to his association with a move by Kenyan politicians calling for the evicting of white settlers from the country. He was said to have demended the departure of settlers of British origin from Laikipia County for ‘failure to support deferral of cases facing President Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto at the international Criminal Court’ a statement for which he later apologized
Governor Joshua W. Irungu was elected as the first Governor of Laikipia on the 4th March 2013 during the first General Election under the new constitutional dispensation.
Joshua Irungu is married to Grace Wakahora and a father of three sons and a daughter.
County: Laikipia County
Governor’s Name: JOSHUA IRUNGU – TNA
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Application Form To Marry My Daughter
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For