Makueni County Governor
Prof. Kivutha Kibwana the first governor of Makueni County was born in 13th June 1954 and attended Nduundune Primary School. He then proceeded to Machakos Boys High School for his O and A levels. In 1976, Kibwana graduated with a Law Degree (LLB) from the Universityof Nairobi and immediately proceeded to the University of London and Harvard University from where he got his Masters in Law (LLM) in 1984. His professional and political background saw him serve as a University don and as a prominent figure in the Kibaki administration. He is a well-known human rights activist who fought for reforms and championed for the current constitution.
From 1980 to 2000 Prof. Kivutha Kibwana served as the Dean of Faculty of Law at the University of Nairobi. He was Member of Parliament for Makueni from 2002 to 2007. From 2003 to 2005, he was Assistant Minister at the Ministry Of Internal Security. He served as Minister for Lands and as Minister for Environment in the years of 2005 to 2007.
In the 2007 general elections, Kibwana failed to retain his seat as MP for Makueni after he lost to Peter Kiilu. However, in 2008 he was appointed by President Mwai Kibaki as Presidential Advisor on Constitutional, Parliamentary and Youth Affairs. He resigned from the position in 3rd September 2012 to launch his bid for the Governor position. During his campaigns, Kibwana made promises to address high poverty levels in the county and strategies of fast tracking development outlined in his manifesto. In the manifesto he proposed to structure the County government into 10 departments to steer Makueni’s development agenda. He said that the challenges facing the county would be better addressed by distributing different functions to different units with semi autonomous powers in order to bring a transformation in all sectors of the county’s economy.
Prof. Kivutha Kibwana points out that his county government will be structured into agriculture; human & veterinary health services; lands, planning & environment, education & civic awareness; transport, energy, housing and public works. The other department in his administration will include culture, community services, public amenities and recreation; Co-operative services & marketing; Diaspora relations, vision 2030, local tourism, trade and investment. In his spirited campaigns he said that he will have zero tolerance to corruption in the public and private sectors.
County: Makueni County
Governor’s Name: KIVUTHA KIBWANA – MUUNGANO
- What It Takes To Be A Great Employee
- Humour: Japan’s prime minister and Obama
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 25 Sexual (Dirty) Questions to Ask A Girl
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 20 Things 20 Year Olds Don’t Get
- Top My Dear SweetHeart …Love letter in maths
- When Lovers Wrote Letters With Dictionaries
- Application Form To Marry My Daughter
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For