Nairobi County Governor:Evans Odhiambo Kidero
Evans Odhiambo Kidero is a Kenyan politician and current Governor of Nairobi County. He served as CEO of Mumias Sugar Company for 8 years, resigning in 2012 to join elective politics.
Evans Odhiambo Kidero was born in Majengo, and was the eldest of 7 children. He attended Mangu High School, where he was the Head Boy. He graduated from the University of Nairobi in 1983 with a degree in pharmacy, followed by a Masters in Business Administration in 1990 at the United States International University in Kenya. He was CEO of the Mumias Sugar Company for eight years, resigning from that position in 2012 in to pursue a career in politics.
Evans Odhiambo Kidero was elected as the first governor of Nairobi County in the Nairobi gubernatorial elections of 2013.
Following a petition by Ferdinand Waititu, who ran against him in the Gubernatorial Election, Kidero was ousted as Nairobi Governor, with the court citing electoral malpractices. Kidero was later later reinstated by the Supreme Court following an appeal that overturned the decision of the Court of Appeal.
Dr. Kidero is married to Susan Mboya, daughter of Kenyan politician Tom Mboya, and together they have 3 children.
County: Nairobi County
Governor’s Name: EVANS KIDERO – ODM
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Application Form To Marry My Daughter
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For