Taita Taveta County Governor
Taita Taveta County Governor:John Mtuta Mruttu
John Mtuta Mruttu attended Kenyatta High School in Taita and went on to attend the University of Nairobi where he graduated with a BSc in Mechanical Engineering in 1980. He also attained a Masters degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Nairobi.
He has previously served as the managing Director of Kenya Petroleum Refineries Ltd. As Governor, Mrutu has pledged to develop a policy on sustainable water, to develop education policies on pre-primary education, village polytechnics, homecraft centres and childcare facilities, tertiary institutions and universities, to establish broadband through fiber optic cables for schools and businesses, to support the national government in finalizing a standard gauge railway, to negotiate with neighbouring counties to develop water harvesting techniques, to improve, re-engineer and re-design Mombasa road, to negotiate for equitable revenue allocation, to ensure that boundaries are clear and indisputable, to see to it that devolution is fully implemented and to be in the forefront in constitution implementation, legislation and reforms.
In Kenya’s 2013 general election, John vied in the gubernatorial elections, winning as Governor of Taita Taveta County, alongside Deputy Governor Mary Ndiga Kibuka. He was elected on an ODM party ticket.
County: Taita Taveta County
Governor’s Name: JOHN MTUTA MRUTU – ODM
- What It Takes To Be A Great Employee
- Humour: Japan’s prime minister and Obama
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 25 Sexual (Dirty) Questions to Ask A Girl
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 20 Things 20 Year Olds Don’t Get
- Top My Dear SweetHeart …Love letter in maths
- When Lovers Wrote Letters With Dictionaries
- Application Form To Marry My Daughter
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For