Examination Candidates Revision of Degree Choices for 2013/2014 Admissions
This is to inform all the 2012 K.C.S.E. examination candidates who scored a minimum Aggregate of B Plain of 61 points and in addition, those female candidates who scored a minimum of B Minus of 59 points in the 2012 K.C.S.E. examination and may wish to revise their degree choices, that the Joint Admissions Board Revision of degree choices will be carried out from Monday May 20, to Friday May 31, 2013 . The Revision will be done online, following the procedure outlined below:-
Click Here to read PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE REVISION OF DEGREE CHOICES
In the event you decide to alter the choices made in step 8, you will be required to repeat steps 7 and 8.
The JAB personnel will be available at the following public universities and constituent colleges From Monday May 27, to Friday May 31, 2013 to help those that may require assistance with the online revision process.
- UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI
- MASENO UNIVERSITY
- KISII UNIVERSITY
- EGERTON UNIVERSITY
- MASINDE MULIRO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF MOMBASA
- DEDAN KIMATHI UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
- CHUKA UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF ELDORET
- MACHAKOS UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
- GARISSA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
Applicants may also seek assistance from the JAB offices at the University of Nairobi during the revision period or in any of Universities listed above from Monday may 27 to Friday may 31, 2013.
click here to read REVISED JAB WEIGHTED CLUSTER FORMULA
- The system will open for revision at 00hrs may 20, and close on 24.00 hrs may 31, 2013. No further revision will be entertained after the system has closed.
- There will be no manual revision using physical application forms. Revision must be done online following the procedure given above.
- All payments for revision must be made through mpesa or airtel money as explained in step 6 of the procedure. Any other mode of payment will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Any enquiries may be made through Email: email@example.com or Telephone Number 0716648037 or 0735570234.
PLEASE NOTE THE DATES FOR REVISION CAREFULLY!
SECRETARY, JOINT ADMISSIONS BOARD
End of update
Public Universities (in Kenya) and their constituent colleges conduct a joint admission exercise to their universities under a common framework called the Joint Admission Board – JAB
This is mainly to ensure access to university education, based on academic merit for institutional-based undergraduate students ( This excludes students who are admitted to distance education/ self sponsored programmes). Students admitted through the board get funding from the government. This admission exercise is performed annually before the start of each academic year, for a candidates who have sat the KCSE examination the previous year..
The Joint Admissions Board – JAB comprises representation from all public universities and the Ministry of Education.
There are three levels of authority in JAB.
At the top level is the Committee of Vice-chancellors, responsible for ensuring all policies and procedures are followed, in addition to dealing with difficult ad-hoc admission cases. The Ministry of Education representatives participate at this level to ensure that national policies are incorporated into JAB decisions.
The second level is the Deans Committee that comprises deans/directors of all faculties/ schools/institutes in the respective public universities. It is the deans who receive the output of the JAB system and accept the qualified students in their respective faculties/ schools/institutes. This is done in a transparent manner. The deans also make recommendations on various policies, procedures and matters that are pertinent to the admission process.
The third level is the JAB Secretariat, a combination of bureaucrats and ICT technical staff who run and maintain the JAB IS as well as administering the JAB process.
The current chairman is VC, Egerton University
The following Universities and constituent colleges are represented in JAB:
- University of Nairobi
- Kenyatta University
- Egerton University
- Moi University
- Maseno University
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture & Technology
- Masinde Muliro University of Science & Technology
- Kimathi University College of Technology
- Mombasa Polytechnic University College
- Pwani University College
- Kenya Polytechnic University College
- Kisii University College
- Chuka University College
- Narok University College
- Meru University College
- South Eastern University College
- Bondo University College
- Kabianga University College
- Multimedia University College of Kenya
- Laikipia University College
- Kiabanga University College
- Karatina University College
- Chepkoilel University College
- Taita Teveta University College
- Muranga Unversity College
- Kirinyaga Unversity College
- Cooperative Unversity College
- Kibabii Unversity College
- Garissa Unversity College
- Rongo Unversity College
- Embu Unversity College
- Machakos Unversity College
JAB – Joint Admissions Board Website
JAB – Joint Admissions Board is: http://jab.uonbi.ac.ke/