Update: Useful Links
1. KUCCPS: Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
2. Procedure for Online Application for Degree and Diploma Courses
3. Online Application for Degree and Diploma Courses
4. KUCCPS revision of courses for KCSE 2013 Candidates
5. KUCCPS Website: www.kuccps.uonbi.ac.ke/
This is to inform all the 2011 K.C.S.E examination candidates who met the JAB admission cut off point in the 2011 K.C.S.E examination that, after considering their degree choices given during the first revision, the candidates whose index numbers are posted in the JAB website did not qualify for any of their degree choices.
These candidates will therefore be given by the Joint Admissions Board a 2nd and final chance to revise their degree choices from Wednesday, July 18, to Tuesday July 24, 2012. Revision should be done by choosing from only those degree courses that have unfilled capacities, which are listed in the JAB website. The Revision will be done online, following the procedure outline below:-
Online Revision of Degree Choices
All applicants will require the following as contained in the 2011 K.C.S.E examination Registration Information
- KCSE Index No
- KCPE Index No
- Birth Certificate Number and in addition,
- A valid email account (If you do not have an email account you may create a free one with yahoo or gmail)
- Enough money in your Mpesa or Airtel money in to pay for revision. i.e. Ksh.500 or 800, whichever is applicable
Step 1. Visit the JAB website ( http://jab.uonbi.ac.ke)
- Check the current status of your application. Use the link titled K.C.S.E.2011 Admission Enquiry
- Download and review the revision guidelines. Use the link titled; Download Revision 2 Guidelines, or browse the jab website for all degree courses with unfilled capacities on offer. Use the links titles Degree Clusters, Similar Degrees, Universities
- Taking into account your cluster points for each degree cluster, and considering the courses of your interest among those with unfilled capacities, note down correctly the degree codes for your final choices.
- Use the link titled Login to access your account if you had previously registered. If you had not registered, use the link titled; Register to sign-up as a new user.
Note: Your Password is confidential and MUST never be made known to another person.
Step 3. You may update your personal contact’ information if it has changed from what you provided previously by using the link Edit Contact. For mobile users, click on link titled Home , to view this link.
Step 4. To access Degree Application Form, you MUST pay the required amount indicated in Step 1 a) through your mobile phone either by Mpesa or Airtel Money following the instruction below:
Step 5. You will receive two payment confirmation messages. One SMS from Mpesa/Airtel and another one from JAB. On receipt of the JAB confirmation, continue with the revision process.
Step 6. If you had logged out, login in again through the link titled Login to proceed.
Step 7. Use the link titled Degree Application Form to complete your application/revision as follows:
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- Enter the degree codes for the revised degree choices that you recorded in step 1c and save
- The choices you have made will be displayed if you have completed the form without errors. If you find errors indicated in red, correct and save again.
Step 8: You MUST Log out for changes to be effected. This is necessary so as to keep your revision information safe.
- To view the current choices you have made click on View Current Choices .
- To change the current choices during the revision period, you will be required to repeat steps 7 and 8.
- For assistance, an applicant may visit the JAB offices at the University of Nairobi during the revision period. Enquires may also be made by sending an email through [email protected] or Call 0716648037 between 8 am and 5 pm during the revision period.
- The system will open for revision at 00hrs July 18, and close on 24.00hrs July 24, 2012. No further revision will be entertained after the system has closed.
- There will be no manual revision using physical application forms. Revision must be done online following the procedure given above.
- All payments for revision MUST be made through Mpesa or Airtel money as explained in step 4 of the procedure. Any other mode of payment will NOT BE ACEPPETED.
PLEASE NOTE THE DATES FOR REVISION CAREFULLY!
SECRETARY, JOINT ADMISSIONS BOARD.
|Download Revision Guidelines||184.03 KB|
|Advert and Procedure for Online Revision of Degree Choices||173.25 KB|
|Candidates Required to Revise During 2nd Revision|