Form one selection 2015
How to check the secondary school (form one selection 2015) you have been admitted to via SMS and Online:
- To check the secondary school you have been admitted to online, go to this Website: http://www.education.go.ke/ and enter your Index number.
- To check the secondary school you have been admitted to via SMS, send an SMS with your Index Number to 20042 from any network.
Form one selection 2015 – Update ( 20-1-2015)
More than 190,000 pupils who sat for the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education examinations in 2014 will miss form one places. The grim statistics were announced as form one selection kicked off in Nairobi where Education Principal Secretary Dr Belio Kipsang said the placements would be based on merit. Form one students are expected to report to their respective schools between February 2nd and 13th 2015.
Parents and students will be able to access information regarding which school their children have been admitted by sending an sms with the candidate’s index numbers to 20042.
Students who will be selected to join National Schools will be able to access the information immediately on the day the Ministry launches the exercise while students who will have been admitted into County Schools will access this information on January 26, 2015.
The Ministry of Education, in conjunction with County Governments, will also conduct selection of students into Youth Polytechnics on February 05, 2015.
The selection aims at providing alternative education and training opportunities for students who, because of shortage of form one places, will not have been admitted into form one.
Form one selection 2015 – Video
Form one selection 2015 – Form One Intake Process
The Form One Intake entails the admission into either National, County or District Day Schools depending on the Candidate’s School Choices captured during the year the candidate sat for KCPE.
National Schools distribute both based on candidature and affirmative action thus enabling the each district to get a candidate selected to a National School.
The National School Quota is used to select candidates per Gender and Merit List per District. Cut-Off to each National School is automatically determined based on the last Candidate to be Selected to a given National Schools from a Given District in a County.
Couty Schools are Selected on a 40% (National): 40% (to Districts within County and Inclusive Home District of the School): 20% (for Home/Host District of the School). Not all County Schools Can attract National Quota and may be allocated quotas to only Districts within host County.
Plans for District Selection are under-way expected to be pilotted in 2014 In-take.
Form one Intake 2015 – Selection Procedure
The Computerised selection follows the following steps:
- Selection of Top 1 and 2, for both Gender (boys and girls) to their national school choices if an allocation has been provided for their District. In absence, the computer assign such performing candidates schools of equivalent stature to their choices;
- Selection of Other National Schools Quota based on Candidates ratio from Public and Private;
- System gives advantage to Counties inclusive of host County in filling vacancies which may arise during the selection (such as in ability of certain Districts to produce candidates with more or equal to 280 marks);
- Selection of Extra-County Schools which have same features as National Schools with variance being the number of candidates to be picked being more within the host Counties of the schools;
- County Schools purely selects students within a County, all boarding schools fall under this category;
- District Selection: still done manually due to challenges of mapping primary schools or communities to proximity of secondary day schools.