In Kenya, Identity Cards – ID are issued in line with the Registration of Persons Act CAP 107, Laws of Kenya and an Act of Parliament that make provision for the registration of persons and for the issue of identity cards possible.
Types of ID Registration in Kenya:
There are four (4) types of categories of registration as listed below:-
1. Initial Registration
2. Replacement Registration
3. Duplicate Registration
4. Change of Particulars
Categories of Forms that are completed when registering for ID in Kenya
1. Reg. 136A: Filled by persons Not Previously Registered
2. Reg. 136C: Filled by all applicants for the various registrations.
3. RIS I: Replacement Information Sheet is filled by persons applying for the Replacement Registration.
4. Reg. 101: Used to capture fingerprint impressions of the applicant.
5. Reg. 105: Filled by persons applying for the Change of Particulars registration.
6. Reg. 103(Amended 1995): Application for Registration Certificate issued to applicant and will surrender it in exchange for a new identity card (Rule 9(3) The Registration of Persons Act).
7. Rejection Statement: Sent to the applicant via his registration office stating reason for rejecting his application