The Kenyan Flag was adopted on 12 December 1963
The Kenya Flag is based on the colors of the KANU (Kenya African National Union) flag, the party that led the fight for freedom and independence. It was adopted as Kenya’s flag on 12 december 1963. The colours symbolize black for the majority(africans),Red for the blood of the people and green for the natural wealth. On independence the white fimbriation was added, symbolizing peace. The defence of freedom is symbolized by a traditional Masai shield and two spears.
Three major strips – Black , Red , and Green separated by narrow white strips. A symmetrical shield and spears superimposed centrally.
- INTERIOR CABINET SECRETARY JOSEPH NKAISSERY IS DEAD
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Black represents the people of Kenya.
Red represents the struggle for freedom.
Green represents Kenya’s agriculture and natural resources.
White represents Unity and Peace.
The black, red and white shield symbolizes the defense of freedom.
History and Previous Kenya Flags Images
British Colonial Kenya Flag – Flag of the Colony of Kenya (1920-1963)
This was the flag of colony and protectorate of Kenya which was the part of the British empire in Africa. It was adopted in 1920 when the former East Africa protectorate was transformed into a British crown colony. It used as the flag of Kenya since 1963 when the black majority government was elected for the first time in the history and the eventually declared the independence of Kenya from British.
Kenya African National Union (KANU) Flag
The Kenya African National Union (KANU) flag is the base of the Current Kenyan Flag.
Current Kenyan Flag (1963 – To Date)
This flag was adopted in 1963 after the independence of Kenya from British crown. it is actually based on a flag of the political party “Kenya Africa National Union” (KANU), which has the same color pattern as Kenyan national flag the only difference was the rooster which was on the flag of the KANU, instead of Rooster their is a shield along with two spears. This party played the major role for the independence of Kenya against the British crown. the White color was added after the independence of Kenya to show peace and honesty.
Kenyan Flag Video
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/