The Kenyan Flag was adopted on 12 December 1963.
The Kenya Flag is based on the black over red over green flag of KANU (Kenya African National Union), the party that led the fight for freedom and independence. The colours symbolize black majority, blood and natural wealth. On independence the white fimbriation was added, symbolizing peace. The defence of freedom is symbolized by a traditional Masai shield and two spears.
Three major strips - Black , Red , and Green separated by narrow white strips. A symmetrical shield and spears superimposed centrally.
Black represents the people of Kenya.
Red represents the struggle for freedom.
Green represents Kenya’s agriculture and natural resources.
White represents Unity and Peace.
The black, red and white shield symbolizes the defense of freedom.
In Case You Missed It
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- A Good Wife’s Guide – 10 things you need to DO to be a GOOD wife.
- Top 20 things men should never, ever, do — Just don’t do it
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 20 Things 20 – Year-Olds Don’t Get
- APPLICATION FORM TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER.