The Kenyan Flag was adopted on 12 December 1963.
The Kenya Flag is based on the black over red over green flag of KANU (Kenya African National Union), the party that led the fight for freedom and independence. The colours symbolize black majority, blood and natural wealth. On independence the white fimbriation was added, symbolizing peace. The defence of freedom is symbolized by a traditional Masai shield and two spears.
Three major strips – Black , Red , and Green separated by narrow white strips. A symmetrical shield and spears superimposed centrally.
Black represents the people of Kenya.
Red represents the struggle for freedom.
Green represents Kenya’s agriculture and natural resources.
White represents Unity and Peace.
The black, red and white shield symbolizes the defense of freedom.
- What It Takes To Be A Great Employee
- Humour: Japan’s prime minister and Obama
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 25 Sexual (Dirty) Questions to Ask A Girl
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 20 Things 20 Year Olds Don’t Get
- Top My Dear SweetHeart …Love letter in maths
- When Lovers Wrote Letters With Dictionaries
- Application Form To Marry My Daughter
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For