Mekatilili Wa Menza Biography
Mekatilili Wa Menza was a Kenyan woman leader, who led the Giriama people in a rebellion against the British Colonial Administration and policies actively in 1913 – 1914. The Giriama people are a subgroup of nine groups who inhabit the Kenyan coast;they had sacred dwelling places called Kayas, located in forested areas, one of which the British Colonial Administration destroyed by dynamiting it in 1914. this was Kaya Fungo.
Mekatilili (or Makatilili) was captured by the British and exiled to Mumias in Western Province of Kenya. According to British colonial records, five years later, she returned to her native area where she continued to oppose the imposition of Colonial policies and ordnances.
Mekatilili wa Menza Death
She died in 1914, and was buried in Bungale, in Magarini District.
Mekatilili wa Menza Facebook
Mekatilili wa Menza Photo
- What It Takes To Be A Great Employee
- Humour: Japan’s prime minister and Obama
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 25 Sexual (Dirty) Questions to Ask A Girl
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 20 Things 20 Year Olds Don’t Get
- Top My Dear SweetHeart …Love letter in maths
- When Lovers Wrote Letters With Dictionaries
- Application Form To Marry My Daughter
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For