Mekatilili Wa Menza
Mekatilili Wa Menza was a Kenyan woman leader, who led the Giriama people in a rebellion against the British Colonial Administration and policies actively in 1913 – 1914. The Giriama people are a subgroup of nine groups who inhabit the Kenyan coast;they had sacred dwelling places called Kayas, located in forested areas, one of which the British Colonial Administration destroyed by dynamiting it in 1914. this was Kaya Fungo.
Mekatilili (or Makatilili) was captured by the British and exiled to Mumias in Western Province of Kenya. According to British colonial records, five years later, she returned to her native area where she continued to oppose the imposition of Colonial policies and ordnances.
In Case You Missed It
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- A Good Wife’s Guide – 10 things you need to DO to be a GOOD wife.
- Top 20 things men should never, ever, do — Just don’t do it
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 20 Things 20 – Year-Olds Don’t Get
- APPLICATION FORM TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER.