A guide on how to how to apply for Kenya Revenue Authority - KRA PIN (personal and company) online in Kenya. KRA PIN Application / Registration has now been simplified.
KRA PIN - KRA Online Personal PIN Application
- Log onto www.kra.go.ke/portal, open Taxpayer Registration link and on the right hand side under Online Services, click on Taxpayer Registration.
- Choose either New Taxpayer (if you don’t have a PIN) or Existing Taxpayer (if you already have a PIN)
- Fill in all mandatory fields with asterix (*) then confirm correctness of the data and submit.
- KRA will respond through your e-mail address providing you with a PIN, Password and Security Stamp.
- Go to Taxpayer Registration fill in the PIN, Password and Security Stamp then login.
- Change your password (please remember this for security reasons) to a password of your own choice which must be Eight characters i.e Six letters and 2 numbers as instructed.
KRA PIN - KRA Online Company PIN Application
The process of applying for a company’s pin is easy and straight forward as long as you have the following with you :-
- Company’s Certificate of Registration
- Date Business Commenced
- Associates PIN (These individuals PINs must be registered through the online process, you can not use the old manual PIN)Take note that if the certificate of registeration of your company is not loaded in the KRA database you will
Scan and send the certificate of registration of the company to firstname.lastname@example.org . It will be loaded in the database then you will be able to register for PIN using the following procedure;
- Log onto www.kra.go.ke/portal, , use the link “Click Here “ To Apply for your PIN and/or Submit Online Returns.
- Choose either New Taxpayer (if you don’t have a PIN) or Existing Taxpayer(if you already have a PIN)
- Fill in all mandatory fields with asterix then confirm correctness and submit.
- KRA will respond through your e-mail address providing you with a PIN number, Password and Security Stamp.
- Go to Taxpayer Registration fill in the PIN, password and security stamp then login.
- Change your password (please remember this for security reasons) to a password of your own choice which must be (Eight characters i.e Six letter and 2 numbers) as instructed.
- Choose Main Menu, Enquiry then Print your Taxpayer Registration Certificate. You may refer to the “Step by step guide” which is on the KRA portal
The process of KRA online pin application should take you just a few minutes. If the explanation was helpful or if there is an area that needs improvement, you can tell me.
KRA PIN Checker
The PIN Checker allows you to confirm whether or not a particular PIN is genuine. A genuine PIN will have been generated by the KRA – Domestic Taxes Department System, stored and is in current use. The Information provided by the checker is limited to only PIN numbers and names.
I have forgoten my KRA PIN No.
KRA PIN – I have forgotten my KRA password and the user name.
If a company changes its name, do they need a new PIN & VAT or they can use the one in their old company name