Companies in Kenya: Proposed company name must be reserved pending registration (Name can only be reserved for thirty days). Application for reservation should be made in writing and be accompanied with the requisite fee.
- Documents for incorporation of company (i.e. memorandum and ) should be drawn by a lawyer, who should submit the Articles of Association to the Registry together with the prescribed forms and fees. These forms are obtainable at the Registry.
- All companies must appoint a qualified certified public secretary as company secretary
- Certificate of Incorporation is processed within 7(seven) days of presentation of PROPERLY completed forms.
- Refusal of registration is communicated in writing to the applicant.
NOTE: A registered company MUST forthwith comply with the requirements of the Companies Act, e.g. filing of Annual Returns.
- Particulars of Directors and Secretaries.
- Notice of situation of Registered Office.
- Declaration Of compliance.
- Statement of Nominal Share Capital form.
In addition to the above Forms, Public Companies must also submit
- Consent to act as Director of a company.
- List of persons who have consented to act as directors.
- Declaration that the provisions of sec. 111(2) b have been complied with Statement in lieu of prospectus.
- Certified copies of foreign companies memorandum and Articles of Association and Certificate of Incorporation duly certified by a Notary Public.
- List of documents delivered for registration by a company incorporated outside Kenya.
- List and particulars of the directors and secretary of a company incorporated outside Kenya.
- List of names and addresses of the persons resident in Kenya authorized to receive service on behalf of a company incorporated outside Kenya.
- Notice of situation of registered or principal office or change therein of a company incorporated outside Kenya.
|Registration of companies||Fees is dependent on the nominal share capital of the company(fees assessment can be obtained from the cashiers)|
|Filing any form required to be filed with the Registrar under the relevant Act||200/=||N/B Default fee is payable if such form is not lodged within the prescribed period.|
|Registration of charges||600/=|
|Registration of debentures||600/=|
|Filing of Annual Return||400/=||N/B Default fee is payable if return is not filed within the prescribed period|
|Filing of Resolution||1,100/=||N/B Default fee is payable if Resolution is not filed within the prescribed period.|