Safaricom mpesa rates, fees, charges and tariffs for withdrawal and transfer will depend on the amount you are sending or withdrawing.
You can use your M-PESA menu to buy airtime for your phone, or for someone else. This service is free and you will only pay for the airtime purchased. Here are the safaricom mpesa rates …
MPesa Rates – Safaricom mpesa charges and tariffs
|Min||Max||Transfer to other
|Transaction Range (Ksh)|
|Buying Airtime through M-PESA||FREE|
|M-PESA Balance Enquiry||1|
|Change M-PESA PIN||22|
- Maximum Account Balance is Ksh 100,000
- Maximum Daily Transaction Value is Ksh 140,000.Maximum per transaction is Ksh70,000
- You cannot withdraw less than Ksh 50 at an M-PESA agent outlet
- To transact, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active
- At an agent outlet, you cannot deposit money directly into another M-PESA customer’s account
- You earn Bonga points when you transact on M-PESA.
- To register or transact at any M-PESA Agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document, i.e., National ID, Passport, Military ID, Diplomatic ID or
Mpesa Rates, Charges and Tariff
What are the new tariffs about?
With the new tariffs, you now have the choice to select from more bands when you want to send money via M-PESA.
Why can’t I transfer over Ksh35,000 to unregistered subscribers?
Due to Know Your Customer (KYC)/Anti Money Laundering (AML) policy set by the Central Bank of Kenya, we do not have the mandate to allow transfers of amounts over Ksh35,000.
With the changes in tariffs, have you increased the amounts one can send?
No, the maximum amount one can send remains the same. You can send up to Ksh70,000 in one transaction. The maximum you can send in a day is Ksh140,000. You can only hold up to Ksh100,000 in your M-PESA account.
What is the lowest amount of money I can send on M-PESA?
You can now send as little as Ksh10 on M-PESA. You can also make both payments at kiosks and micro-payments within the lower bands
How much will it cost me to send Ksh10?
It will cost you Ksh1 to send any amount between Ksh10 and Ksh50.
How much will I be charged to send 1000 shillings?
The cost of sending between Ksh 501 to Ksh 5,000 is Ksh 15.
How much does it cost to withdraw Ksh50?
It will now cost you Ksh10 to withdraw between Ksh50 and Ksh100.
How much will it cost me to withdraw Ksh100?
The cost of withdrawing is Ksh 10 for registered M-PESA customers.
Can I still withdraw at an ATM?
Yes you can. You are allowed to make multiple cash withdrawals from the ATM. However the maximum withdrawal amount is limited to Ksh70,000 per day. Withdrawals vary from Ksh20,000-Ksh30,000 depending on the ATM.
How do I know what else has changed with the tariffs?
Visit your agent outlet for more details on the tariffs. You can also visit our website www.safaricom.co.ke or call M-PESA customer care on 234.
When will the new tariffs take effect?
The new tariffs take effect on 21st August 2014.
In Case You Missed It
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- A Good Wife’s Guide – 10 things you need to DO to be a GOOD wife.
- Top 20 things men should never, ever, do — Just don’t do it
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 20 Things 20 – Year-Olds Don’t Get
- APPLICATION FORM TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER.