Following the inauguration, the President and his Deputy set about head hunting technocrats to make the Cabinet.In forming his Cabinet, President Kenyatta also wrote another chapter in history. For the first time, those he hired for the Cabinet were vetted by MPs. President Kenyatta was bound constitutionally to name a minimum of 14 and a maximum of 22 ministries in Kenya.
While ministers have since Independence been MPs, the new Cabinet Secretaries would have to enjoy strong support from Parliament because a half of the 349 MPs (175) can approve the removal of a Cabinet Secretary.
A Cabinet Secretary can be removed from office because of “gross violation” of the Constitution, committing a crime under national or international law or “gross misconduct”.
Here is a a comprehensive list of all ministries in Kenya, their addresses (postal and physical), contacts (telephone and e-mail) and a link to the ministries website.
List of ministries in Kenya, and their cabinet secretaries and a link to the ministries website.
- Ministry of Information, Communication and Technology – Dr.Fred Okengo Matiani
- Ministry of Health – James Wainaina Macharia
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Amina Mohammed
- Ministry of National Treasury – Henry Rotich
- Ministry of Industrialization and enterprise Development – Mr. Adan Mohammed
- Ministry of Devolution and Planning – Miss Ann Waiguru
- Ministry of Energy and Petroleum – Davis Chirchir
- Ministry of Defence – Amb. Rachel Awuor Omamo
- Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure – Eng. Michael S. Kamau
- Ministry of East African Affairs, Commerce and Tourism – Miss Phillis Chepkosgey Kandie
- Ministry of Education – Prof Jacob Kaimenyi
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries – Felix Kiptarrus Kosgey
- Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources – Prof Judy Wakhungu
- Ministry of Sports, Culture and Arts – Dr Hassan Wario
- Ministry of Mining – Najib Balala
- Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development – Charity Kaloki Ngilu
- Ministry of Labour – Kazungu Kambi
- Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government – Joseph Ole Lenku
Other important offices.
- State House Comptroller – Lawrence Lenayapa
- Secretary to the Cabinet – Francis Kimemia
- What It Takes To Be A Great Employee
- Humour: Japan’s prime minister and Obama
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 25 Sexual (Dirty) Questions to Ask A Girl
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 20 Things 20 Year Olds Don’t Get
- Top My Dear SweetHeart …Love letter in maths
- When Lovers Wrote Letters With Dictionaries
- Application Form To Marry My Daughter
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For