A comprehensive guide to the Ministry of Devolution and Planning in Kenya, their addresses (postal and physical), contacts (telephone and e-mail) and a link to the ministries website.
The full details of the mandate of the Ministry of Devolution and Planning are as outlined in the “Executive order No. 1 of April 2013” and detailed in the “Executive Order No. 2 of May 2013” and broadly covers issues of economic planning and development, devolution, public service management, youth, gender and special programmes. In addition the mandate includes the functions of the twenty six affiliated parastatals, Semi-Autonomous Government Agencies, Commissions and Independent Offices.
The Ministry of Devolution and Planning in Kenya
This newly structured Ministry is the second of two Ministries in the Presidency. It encompasses four large areas of focus that are critical to the Constitutional mandate and policy priorities of the Administration hence placement at the Presidency.
The areas of focus are categorized in three broad spheres.
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Application Form To Marry My Daughter
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
Covers devolution, intergovernmental relations and capacity building at the Counties.
Covers the functions of the former Ministry of planning that includes national development planning and economic policy management
C. Office of Management and Budget.
The office will develop and maintain effective government through budget prioritization and policy direction. It will also be reviewing organizational structure and management procedures in the Executive branch. This unit will deal with human resource management and public sector reform to ensure that intended results are achieved.
- Coordination of targeted Policy priority areas and Initiatives.
These are large policy areas that are key to the Administration and have constitutional imperatives:
- Gender policy and mainstreaming,
- Youth policy and mainstreaming,
- Special interest groups (marginalised; disabled) policies,
- Special areas including arid and pastoralists lands,
- Special programmes and initiatives, and
- National cohesion and integration
Ministry of Devolution and Planning Contacts
Address: P.O. Box 30005
Postal Code: 00100
Telephone: +254 20 2252299
Fax: +254 20 2218475