Kenya is home to the two of the three highest mountains of the African continent Mt Kenya and Mt Elgon.
Mountains in Kenya:
Many of these mountains are surrounded or have national parks. Mountain climbing, camping and game viewings are among some of the activities organized in the parks. Lodges hotels and campsites accommodate visitors.
Others Mountains and hills in Kenya
- Menengai in Nakuru,
- Loroghi Hills in Samburu
- Cherangany Hills in Trans Nzoia
- Shimba Hills
- Mt Marsabit on the Ethiopia border
- Mt Dukana on the Ethiopia border
- North Island Volcano near Lake Turkana.
- South Island Volcano near Lake Turkana.
- Barrier Volcano near Lake Turkana.
- Namarunu near Lake Turkana.
- Nyambene Hills in Meru
- Ngong Hills
- Mt Kilimambogo
- Mt Homa in the Winam Gulf
- Suswa in Maasailand
Water towers in Kenya
Kenya has five key water towers:
- Mau Escarpment
- Mt Kenya
- Aberdares Ranges
- Cherangany Hills
- Mt Elgon
The Government of Kenya has set out programmes to not only rehabilitate the water towers, but also protect them.