Embakasi is a suburb of Nairobi, the capital of Kenya. It is located east of the central business district. As a residential estate it houses mostly lower middle income citizens.
Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, the main airport of Nairobi is located in Embakasi and it was known as Embakasi Airport when it was opened in 1958.
Embakasi is considered part of Nairobi’s Eastlands area, lying to the south-east of Nairobi province.
The name Emkakasi also refers to an electoral constituency in Kenya. Embakasi Constituency is one of eight constituencies of Nairobi county. It consists of eastern and southeastern suburbs of Nairobi. With 164,227 registered voters, it is the most populous constituency in Kenya. Embakasi constituency has common boundaries with Embakasi Division. The entire constituency is located within Nairobi City Council area. The constituency has an area of 208 km.
In Case You Missed It
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- A Good Wife’s Guide – 10 things you need to DO to be a GOOD wife.
- Top 20 things men should never, ever, do — Just don’t do it
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 20 Things 20 – Year-Olds Don’t Get
- APPLICATION FORM TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER.