Prof.. PLO – LUMUMBA
- “As for accusations even the divine Jesus of Nazareth was accused of many things; even Martin Luther King Junior was accused of many things; even Mahatma Gandhi was accused of many things. But it is our duty to prove our detractors wrong by our actions.”
-Statement made on 13 th October, 2001 in an interview after taking the oath of office as Secretary to the Constitution of Kenya Review Commission..
- I am happy to join what I consider to be a very good team and look forward to working together with you and produce a good constitution. I can promise you that I will discharge my duties with the delicacy of sleep walker. I believe that we will work together – accommodate me, you fall for me, I fall for you and we call it a game; Chinua Achebe used to say; and so I say .
-At the 25 th Plenary session of the CKRC after being introduced to Commissioners, 11/10/2001
- Third World is a state of the mind and until we change our attitude as Africans, if there is a fourth, fifth and even sixth world, we will be in it.
-Forever Living Products Launch KICC, 21/1/2006
- Today, I must say the business of business is serious business.
-Forever Living Products Launch KICC, 21/1/2006
- “It is when the boat approaches the shore that it capsizes; we must therefore tread with preternatural circumspection” in these last phases of the Constitution Review Process.
-Statement made on the 21 st February, 2003 in an interview with the Media.
- “The tree of change was watered by blood and sweat of men and women whose relentless crusade for constitutional change gave rise to formation of the Constitution of Kenya Review Commission.”
-Statement made on 21 st February, 2003 while commenting on the review process delay.
- We must remember that Constitution making is not instant coffee, it is a marathon race. Let us therefore not lose sight of the antelope for the squirrel.
-Remarks during an interview with KTN in 2002 in response to delays in the Review Process.
- The Constitution making process was like a relay race. We ran our leg and in a manner of speaking were like Moses, we parted the Red Sea of political intrigues and internal sabotage, stood on the Mountains and beheld the Promised Land, but now we must hand over to Joshua who must take us to Canaan to confront the walls of Jericho.
-In an interview with the Standard Newspaper in January, 2006.
- I refuse to accept that another Commission should be created to deliver a new Constitution. What you need is a lean, mean team to complete the process. We must not climb trees to look for fish.
-During an interview on the Review Process after the Referendum result in January, 2006
- God has given us lemon, let us not ask for oranges. Let us make lemonade.
-Statement made to Delegates of the National Constitutional Conference on the 19 th day of August, 2003.
- In our quest for a new Constitution we have swam Oceans how can we now drown in ponds.
-Statement made to delegates at the National Constitutional Conference on the 30 th day of May, 2003.
- Our country must morally re-arm. We cannot run a country where virtue is vice and vice is virtue. 13 We cannot live in a country where the looters of yester-years assume they have undergone a Pauline conversion because they are in opposition and oppose the Government of the day. 14 Some of our richest men and women are to be found in politics and their creed is, thou shall reap what thou hath not sown.
- Behind most of our so called successful civil servants who have joined politics and business there is collapsed or collapsing public institution they once served.
Catholic University of East Africa (CUEA) Conference by Accounting Students Association 15 th March, 2002 speaking on the subject of Professionals and corruption.
- Culture is the celebration of diversity. Let us therefore not deny our origin; but instead celebrate ours as a cultural mosaic not a tower of Babel , but a power of Babel ala Ali Mazrui.
On the inaugural cultural day at Kabarak University , 30/7/2005 .
- “The tree of democracy must inevitably be watered with blood.” In this case I am prepared to be the sacrificial lamb.
Statement made on 28 th September, 2002 at a Law Society of Kenya forum after the High Court issued an Order banning debate on the draft Constitution.
- “When there is a conflict between a decision of a Court of Law and a decision in the Court of Public opinion, I will be guided by the latter. Jail, hospital or cemetery, I am ready for it, I would rather defy a dishonest Court Order than go against the Court of Public Opinion and public good.”
-Statement made on 28 th September, 2002 at a Law Society of Kenya forum after the High Court issued an Order banning debate on the draft Constitution..
- “At all times, it should be remembered that our nations are fragile and like an egg, must be dealt with carefully.”
Statement made on 13 th September, 2002 while presenting a paper during a two-day media workshop in a Nairobi Hotel.
- We are the third world not because the sun rises on the West and sets in the East but because we have engaged the reverse gear and we are moving with jet like speed in the wrong direction -we must change this by rolling up our sleeves and working for the growth of our country.
-Maseno University, Address to students, 2002.
- Today to say, ‘disability is not inability’ is a politically correct clich
In Case You Missed It
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- A Good Wife’s Guide – 10 things you need to DO to be a GOOD wife.
- Top 20 things men should never, ever, do — Just don’t do it
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 20 Things 20 – Year-Olds Don’t Get
- APPLICATION FORM TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER.