Age: 22 Years
Occupation: Old student at The East Africa School of Media Studies
Status: In The Academy:
More About Fess
When Fess is asked about his background, this quick talking Nairobi based vocalist mentions that he was born in Mweato a single parent family. Fess and his family moved around, spending time in Mwea, then Mombasa and finally settling in Rongai. Fess made the decision to audition for Tusker Project Fame 6 after his mother (a nurse)saw the advertising and called Fess to tell him to go. Before all this, Fess was a student and was also part of a musical group called Songoma where he would perform for free in Mathare and in children’s homes in Rongai. Fessis relishing the chance to spend the next few weeks with the faculty and especially the principal, whom he calls a musical role model.
Q: Who is your role model and why?
A: Locally, I like Eric Wainaina. His song (Daima Kenya) is really old but it still sounds like it was made recently. That Saxophone made the song. Internationally, I like NeYo. His sense of style is great… plus, his bio is very similar to mine.
Q: Put your chances on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being you have no chance and 10 being you will win this thing…
A: I am a really pathetic guesser and I don’t want to jinx myself. I’d just rather be optimistic.
Fun Facts about Fess:
- Fess never leaves home without his headphones.
- Fess would spend his last 24 hours on Earth making things right with his family and probably writing a will to make sure someone special got the stuff that meant something to him.
- Fess believes that if he won Tusker Project Fame 6, his mother and his two brothers (one of whom is adopted) would be happiest for him.
- Fesscan’t stand people who pick their noses.
- Fess is currently seeing someone, and it has only been 5 months.