Burundian musician Hope was has been voted winner of the Tusker Project Fame season 6, beating off competition from Kenyan duo Amos and Josh.
Hope walked away with Sh5 million and a recording deal.
Ugandan songstress Daisy finished third, while Tanzanian Hisia finished fourth.
Hope started out shy but gained confidence in his skills shocking his detractors.
Even with his trademark francophone accent, he still managed to pull off a performance that will either make you sing along or sway your head from side to side when he sings in his native tongue.
Age: 25 Years
Occupation: Performer and Jazz Singer
Status: In The Academy
More About Hope
Out of all the people left in Tusker Project Fame 6, Hope is one of the few who knows that he has the star power that people like. The son of a pastor father and singer mum, Hope grew up in a family with 8 boys and 2 girls. The advantage that he has is that Hope has already performed with major East African names like Kidum, so he knows what it takes to play major stages. Finally taking his shot and stepping out of the shadows, Hope is taking the stage to find out if he came make it.
Q: What is the one thing you cannot do without?
A: My nylon string guitar and my plectrum.
Q: How far do you think you will get in this competition?
A: (laughing) I am winning this.
Q: Who is your music role model and why?
A: My role models are Frank Sinatra and Otis Redding. The old school big band sound is beautiful.
Q: Who is the past Tusker Project Fame houses did you like?
A: I liked Jackson Kalimba. He could really sing.
Fun Facts about Hope:
- Hope is dating someone. She happens to be a former Tusker Project Fame contestant, but he refuses to reveal who it is.
- Hope’s favourite colour is black.
- Hope can be messy but can be neat.
- Hope can be seen on the stage at the SERENA in Kigali, even though he is from Burundi.
- Hope’s charity of choice, homeless people. Providing them a home… and a meal… and a livelihood.
In Case You Missed It
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- A Good Wife’s Guide – 10 things you need to DO to be a GOOD wife.
- Top 20 things men should never, ever, do — Just don’t do it
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 20 Things 20 – Year-Olds Don’t Get
- APPLICATION FORM TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER.