National Council for Children’s Services in Kenya – NCCS: The enactment of the Children’s Act, 2001, was a major milestone in the provision of the necessary legal framework for the promotion and the protection of children’s rights and welfare in Kenya.
It domesticated and incorporated the provisions of the United Nations Convention of the Rights of Children (UN CRC) and the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACRWC).
The Act established statutory structures, among them the National Council for Chi1dren’s Services (N CCS), which is mandated to exercise general supervision and control over the planning, financing and coordination of child rights and welfare activities and to advice the Government on all aspects thereof.
The council guarantees the wellbeing of children for them to grow into responsible adults that will carry forward the national development agenda.
There are area advisory councils (AACs) which are generally guided by the NCCS. Their primary functions are to protect the rights and welfare of children in their jurisdiction, supervise and regulate planning, financing and coordination of children’s welfare programmes, mobilize resources and facilitate funding, promote and create public awareness on child rights and child protection and facilitate partnership, linkages and networking.
In 2011, the council developed the children’s protection system framework and prepared the draft of the National Children Policy (NCP).
- What It Takes To Be A Great Employee
- Humour: Japan’s prime minister and Obama
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 25 Sexual (Dirty) Questions to Ask A Girl
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 20 Things 20 Year Olds Don’t Get
- Top My Dear SweetHeart …Love letter in maths
- When Lovers Wrote Letters With Dictionaries
- Application Form To Marry My Daughter
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For