40 Inspirational Quotes About Letting Go And Moving On
“Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.”
― Deborah Reber
1. Holding on is believing that there’s a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.
—Daphne Rose Kingma
2. Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.
3. Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.
4. I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.
5. I think that you never fall out of love with somebody, you just let go and move on.
6. Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.
7. There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.
8. The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.
9. Pain will leave you, when you let go.
10. I think every girl has that a guy she has trouble letting go of.
11. When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.
12. Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.
13. Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
14. The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.
15. Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
16. Suffering is not holding you. You are holding suffering. When you become good at the art of letting sufferings go, then you’ll come to realize how unnecessary it was for you to drag those burdens around with you. You’ll see that no one else other than you was responsible. The truth is that existence wants your life to become a festival.
17.Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?
18. Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.
20. Some birds are not meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.
- Rosemary Odinga Bows Out of Kibra MP Race
- Chris Kirubi Rubbishes Mike Sonko’s Job Offer as Nairobi’s Economic Advisor
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
21. I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting.
22. It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place.
23. If you didn’t love him, this never would have happened. But you did. And accepting that love and everything that followed it is part of letting it go.
24. There’s a trick to the Graceful Exit. It begins with the vision to recognize when a job, a life stage, a relationship is over – and to let go. It means leaving what’s over without denying its value.
25. I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.
26. The truth was, he now belonged only to my past, and it was time I begin to accept it, as much as it hurt to do so.
27. Change can be good but its always tough to let go of the past
28. I’m guilty of giving people more chances than they deserve but when I’m done, I’m done.
29. When you leave,
weary of me,
without a word I shall gently let you go.
30.Letting go. Everyone talks about it like it’s the easiest thing. Unfurl your fingers one by one until your hand is open. But my hand has been clenched into a fist for three years now; it’s frozen shut.
31. “It’s time, Perry”. He let her go. She took a step back, taking in his face one last time. His green eyes. The bend in his nose and the scars on his cheek. All the tiny inperfections that made him beautiful. Without a word, she turned and made her way downhill.
32. What happens when you let go, when your strength leaves you and you sink into darkness, when there’s nothing that you or anyone else can do, no matter how desperate you are, no matter how you try? Perhaps it’s then, when you have neither pride nor power, that you are saved, brought to an unimaginably great reward.
33. You can meet someone who’s just right, but he might not be meant for you. You break up, you lose things, you never feel the same again. But maybe you should stop questioning why. Maybe you should just accept it and move on.
34. The art is not one of forgetting but letting go. And when everything else is gone, you can be rich in loss.
35. They say when you really love someone, you should be willing to set them free. So that is what I am doing. I will step back and you will move on. I will let you go….Your happiness means everything to me. I will listen for your voice in the distance. I will look at the moon. I will keep you in my pocket. I will carry your smile with me everywhere, like a warm and comforting glow.
36. When I say I’m going to forget you I know it’s impossible to forget someone I once knew. What I want is to erase you from my thoughts and purge you from my memories. I’m saying it’s what I wish for, not what is or could ever be.
—Donna Lynn Hope
37. If you want to fly on the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down.
38. You will evolve past certain people. Let yourself.
39. Sometimes the door closes on a relationship, not because we failed but because something bigger than us says this no longer fits our life. So, lock the door, shed a tear, turn around and look for the new door that’s opened. It’s a sign that you’re no longer that person you were, it’s time to change into who you are. It’s going to be okay.
40. The best skill at cards is knowing when to discard.
No matter how bad you want a person, if your hearts are in two different places, you’ll have to pass and move on.