5 Best Foods to Eat to Lose Weight
While the term “diet foods” likely makes you picture flavorless steamed entrees and endless celery sticks, weight loss food doesn’t have to be boring. In fact, you’ll lose more weight opting for super-flavorful foods you really love, so that you’re constantly inspired to try new dishes and stick to your diet for life. So forget about most boring “diet” staples — these delicious foods will delight your tastebuds and help you slim down.
Good news – that totally Pinterest-worthy avo toast is actually a great way to lose weight! Avocados are packed with tons of fiber, a slow-digesting carb that keeps your blood sugar levels stable, which helps fight off cravings. And their healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, or MUFAs, have been shown in animal studies to boost fat loss.
Tip; Start your day with a slice of sprouted grain bread topped with avocado, sriracha and a pinch of coarse sea salt.
Calorie for calorie, you can’t get more nutritious than greens. Each cup of raw spinach offers half the immune-boosting vitamin A you need for the day, all the bone-building vitamin K you need, plus a gram of filling fiber. And best of all, at 7 calories per cup, you can enjoy basically all you can eat to stay full without breaking your diet.
- Rosemary Odinga Bows Out of Kibra MP Race
- Chris Kirubi Rubbishes Mike Sonko’s Job Offer as Nairobi’s Economic Advisor
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Hello, hydration! Cucumber isn’t just low-cal, it’s also over 95% water by weight. That’s great for weight loss – water-rich foods have a low energy density, so you can eat a big portion without getting too many calories (yes, please!). Not to mention that water helps you liver burn fat, plus staying hydrated keeps your skin glowing.
Low-calorie? Check. Detoxifying? Check. Delicious? Check. When it comes to diet foods, lemons are a triple threat, and using lemons in your cooking can keep “diet” foods from getting too bland. You’ll also get lots of vitamin C, which keeps your skin glowing and helps you fight off that pesky office cold.
Fresh ginger makes almost any dish taste better, and it’s one of the best ways to add flavor without adding sugar, calories or fat to your meals. Ginger is also an all-natural pain reliever and is packed with antioxidants called gingerols.