Bonang Matheba Biography
Bonang Matheba is a radio and television presenter. She was born on 25th June 1987 in the North West Province of South Africa. She currently hosts ‘The Front Row’ a radio show on SABC’s Metro Fm. She is the owner of Bonang Matheba Entertainment. She partnered with London- based designer to create a line of handbags called Baby Star.
Bonang Matheba Education Background
Undergraduate student at the University of Johannersburg undertaking a marketing course
Bonang Matheba Age
She was born on 25th June 1987.
Bonang Matheba Career
At the age of 15 years she got her first break into television on SABC 2’s kids’ game series, Manhattan’s Fantasy Challenge.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
In 2007, she cut her studies at the universityand auditioned as the host of ‘Live’. After joining ‘Live’she became an overnight sensation and the most after celebrity in South Africa. She gave herself the title ‘Host with the most’
She hosted many major music and television awards like the the South African Music, Channel O Music Awards, The South African Film and Television Awards and many other beauty pageants including Miss South Africa.
She got a role be a presenter to host a weekend afternon show on YFM titled ‘The B* Hive’
In 2012 she joined the popular lifestyle and travel series ‘Top Billing’
In 2013 she was named as the new hos for international franchise ‘Clash of the Choirs’where she held the fort for two seasons.
In 2014 she was named as the new host of Metro FM’s mid morning slot replacing Siphokazi January. She was fired after two months into the job.After a month they meddled their differences and she was back on air.
In October 2014 she was unveiled as the spokesperson for Ciroc Vodka in Africa along with South African fashion designer, David Tlale, hip hop recording artist, Da L.E.S and club disc jockey, DJ Dimplez.
In 2016 she was named the new African spokesperson for Ipanema sandals, taking over from Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen.
Bonang Matheba Brand Ambassador
In 2013 she was named as the first spokesperson outside of the USA for the international beauty products giant, Revlon.
In 2014, high end South African retail brand, Woolworths (South Africa), named her as the face of the lingerie line, Distraction.
Bonang Matheba Acting Career
She acted on the hit drama series, InterSEXions. She played Nurse Seipati
Bonang Matheba Parents
Her parents‚ Gampi and Charlotte‚ split when she was young and she said despite the family breaking up‚ it never truly affected her.
“I never felt like it was a physical separation. But they love they had for each other and me outweighed everything else that was happening around me.”
Bonang Matheba House
She paid off her first house at age 22 and bought another one at 29
Bonang Matheba Awards
- 2012: Woman of the Year Reader’s Choice, Glamour Awards.
- 2013: Favourite TV Host, You Spectacular Awards.
- 2014: Most Stylish Media Personality, SA Style Awards
- 2015: Best South African Radio DJ, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards
- 2015: Style Icon of the Year, SA Style Awards
- 2015: Digital Influencer of the Year, Channel 24 Social Media Awards.
- 2015: African Woman of the Year, New African Woman Magazine