About Michael Blackson
Michael Blackson is a Ghanaian-born American actor and comedian born November 28, 1972.Michael Blackson, a.k.a “The African King of Comedy,” has been entertaining audiences all across the country and around the globe for more than a decade.Born in West Africa, Blackson came to America when he was 13 years old, and immediately met with some problems.
Michael Blackson Career
Stand up career
Born in Ghana, Michael Blackson moved to USA in 1987. As he approached adulthood it was a friend of his who recommended Michael try Stand up. They both wrote some material for Michael to perform in the local open mic comedy clubs of Philadelphia. Blackson then ventured to New York and the rest is History in the making. As a new and up and coming comedian his celebrity comic of admiration is the Great Eddie Murphy, Blackson developed his comedic talent in the unkind comedy clubs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania beginning in 1992. Michael Blackson has performed in many well-known comedy competitions such as the 1992 USA Comedy Central Tour in Philadelphia, the 1993 Schlitz Malt Liquor Comedy Tour in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania and the 1996 Urban Comedy Festival in New York City. In 1999-2000 Blackson also competed in the Laffapolooza Comedy Festival in Atlanta and the Bay Area Black Comedy Competition in Oakland, California in 2001.
Blackson moved up the acting ladder with his most notable onscreen performance as “Angry African Man” in the 2000 comedy film Next Friday, produced by Ice Cube’s film production company Cube vision . In 2005 he released his top-selling comedy sketch CD entitled Modasucka: Welcome to America . Also in 2005, he made an appearance on, TV series 30 Rock, P. Diddy’s Bad Boys of Comedy on HBO , and starred in a commercial for the Chappelle Show on Comedy Central. In 2007, he was in the movie Repos with Master P (written and produced by Master P). In 2010, he appeared in B.o.B’s “I’ll Be In the Sky” music video. In 2011, he recently appeared on BET “The Mo’Nique Show” which his appearance had him trending on Twitter& also going on his third appearance on TBS Series Are We There Yet.
In 2011, Michael recently starred on Starz’s Martin Lawrence Presents 1st Amendment Stand-up which had 3 million views on YouTube and Showtime’s Shaquille O’Neal All Star Comedy Jam; plus he is currently headlining Shaq All Star Comedy Jam Tour. Blackson appeared on the Judge Joe Brown show in 2011 as a defendant for not showing up for a scheduled gig. He lost the case. He also appeared on one of rapper Chief Keef’s 2013 mix tape Bang Pt. 2, but on skits. These skits include Michael taking shots at rappers Chief Keef, 2 Chainz (by commentating on Chainz’s robbery and saying that he has one chain), Drake (saying Drake didn’t start from the bottom to the top as he said in his song “Started From The Bottom”) and Rick Ross (also saying that no one could hold Rick Ross back as Ross said in his 2012 song “Hold Me Back” because Ross is too fat, and to putting a diet pill in Ross’s drink and he won’t even know it, referencing rapper Rocko’s song U.O.E.N.O. with Ross’s verse saying that he’ll put a molly in a girl’s champagne and she wouldn’t know it) Starring in Oxygen Networks ‘Living with Funny’
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
Movies and TV Appearances
- Living With Funny, 2016
- Meet the Blacks, 2016
- Judge Joe Brown, 2011
- Repos, 2007
- BET Awards, 2005
- Diddy Presents the Bad Boys of Comedy, 2005
- Dave Chappelle Show Commercial, 2005
- Nelly “Err Time” Music Video Cameo, 2005
- Junior M.A.F.I.A., Music Video Cameo, 2005.
- 30 Rock, 2005
- BET Club Comicview, 1993–2004
- Live In Hollywood, UPN & FOX, in 2003-04
- Freeway “Flipside”, Music Video Cameo, 2003.
- Showtime in Harlem, 2003
- Philly’s Most Wanted “Please Don’t Mind” Music Video
- Next Friday, Newline Cinema, 2000
- BET ComicView Grandstand Competition, 2000–2008
- ATL, 2008
- My American Nurse 2, 2010
- o.B “I’ll Be In The Sky”, Music Video Cameo, 2010
- Are We There Yet?, 2011
- Get Money (2011)
- The Mo’Nique Show, 2011
- 2011 Starz Martin Lawrence Presents 1st Amendment Stand-up
- 2011 Showtime Shaq’s All Star Comedy Jam
- 2012 Are We There Yet
- 2013 One Night In Vegas
- 2017 “black alladin
- 2017 Hip Hop Squares