Sibongile Mtyali Biography
Sibongile Mtyali is a TV and Radio Broadcaster, MC, Voice Over artist, Translator and Entreprenuer. She is the Metro FM manager Auckland Park,Johannesburg.
Sibongile Mtyali Education Background
2013: Student at WITS Business School, Strategic Thinking and Planning.
2011: Student at Gordon Institute of Business Science, Leadership Development Programme.
1994: Student at St. Joseph’s Commercial Institute, Business Administration and Management, General.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
Sibongile Mtyali Career
She started her career as a a filing clerk at Radio Mafisa – a community station in Rustenburg – and rising to become programmes manager, and later station manager at Motsweding FM, Thobela FM, Radio 2000 and finally Metro FM.
In 2003, when SABC radio and television merged, she became part of the team involved with ‘content cross promotions’ geared towards promoting youth drama series.She was part of the team that conceptualised the school drama series of Yizo Yizo, Gazlam, and Take 5.
In 2010 she was was seconded back to Motsweding as acting station manager.
Sibongile Mtyali Job History
April 2015- Present: Station Manager at Metro FM Auckland Park,Johannesburg
- Strategy development and implementation in line with Corporate Goals and Public Broadcast mandate
- Development of business plans aimed at delivering on business objectives
- Development, management and implementation of both programming and marketing strategies which are aligned to both audience needs and mandate requirements, overall Stakeholder (internal & external)
- Management and revenue generation.
August 2007-May 2010: Programmes Manager at SABC
- Development, implementation and management of the station’s programme strategy
- Ensuring optimal alignment between programme strategy and target audience
- Grow target audience and exploit opportunities to generate revenue
- Determine, monitor, control and optimise programming budget and manage the cost effective utilisation of station budget
- Planning and management of programme schedule in order to deliver high quality programmes to target audiences
- Monitoring of performance of station, in terms of delivering on target audience requirements and profitability
- Ensuring station stays abreast of developments, in order to ensure competitiveness
- Management of on-air team and production teams
- Effective corporate governance and adherence to policies, procedures and mandate
- Building capable on-air station team in the form of skilled people in all areas and with sound
July 2005-August 2007: Commissioning Editor at SABC-Content Enterprises
- Provide editorial leadership on Educational and Public Service Provider expectations;
- Plan, budget and commission Children & Youth Development programmes to ensure the production of quality educational & innovative programming as prescribed by mandate;
- Envisage multimedia projects and new innovations;
- Provide effective input to the children’s unit strategic planning;
- Take overall editorial responsibility and ensure that programmes are delivered as commissioned and satisfy Editorial Policies and standards;
- Manage and co-ordinate stakeholders and sponsorship relationships;
- Delivery of quality programmes, in accordance with agreed performance standards and timeframes and to adhere to the editorial code of conduct and legal compliances;
- Cost effective compliance, utilisation and management of allocated budget;
- Conceptualise programme ideas, evaluate proposals, develop and write briefs for the Tweens & Youth Development Unit
- Provide effective project management from conceptualisation to post implementation;
- Ensure utilization of research and sound financial information in all decision making processes;
- Develop project plans, ensuring comprehensive coverage and specification of time deliverables and costs;
- Continually monitor project deliverables against set project plan;
- Manage the commissioning process, to ensure delivery according to specification
Sibongile Mtyali Membership
In 1998 she was elected as the first female provincial chairperson of the National Community Radio Forum and in 1999 she was reelected for the same position.
Sibongile Mtyali Photo
Sibongile Mtyali Video