Tanit Phoenix Biography
Tanit Phoenix was born on 24th September 1988 in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. She is a South African fashion model, actress and make up artist. She is known for her swimwear and lingerie photo shoots after appearing in a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 2003
Tanit Phoenix Career
Tanit Phoenix Modelling
Her career in modelling began when she was 14 years after she was discovered by a modelling scout in her home town, Westville.
She has appeared in international TV commercials for:
- Volvic water
- Visine, Schweppes
- American Swiss Jewellery
- Citroen C3
- Alberto VO5
- Transition Lenses
- Distractions lingerie campaign
- Veet television commercials and campaign which she held for 5 years. Phoenix appeared in the
- Fa shower gel
She has appeared as the cover girl of many magazines such as:
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 2004: German Maxim magazine
- 2005: American Maxim magazine
- She has appeared on the cover of South African Cosmopolitan four times.
- FHM magazine
- Legacy magazine
- Indwe magazine
- South African Marie Claire magazine
- German Shape magazine
- South African Shape magazine
- South African GQ magazines
- South Africa Maxim magazine
Tanit Phoenix Acting Career
Her acting career began when she made a brief appearance as one of Jared Leto’s girlfriends in the 2005 Lord of War, and the South African-Canadian mystery series Charlie Jade as Malachi’s associate in the episode “Things Unseen”
Tanit Phoenix Filmography
- 2005: Charlie Jade as Malachi’s associate #1
- 2005: Crazy Monkey Presents Straught Outta Benoni as Megan Alba
- 2005: Lord of War as Candy
- 2008: Kamasutra Nights: Maya as Alexandria
- 2009: The Philanthropist as a Lap Dancer
- 2010: Schuks Tshabalala’s Survival Guide to South Africa as Ettie
- 2010: Lost Boys: The Thirst as Gwen Lieber
- 2010: Spud as Mrs. Eve Wilson
- 2010: Death Race 2 as Katrina Banks
- 2011-2012: Femme Fatales as Lilith
- 2012: Safe House as Hostess
- 2012: Mad Buddies as Kelsey
- 2013: Death Race 3: Inferno as Katrina Banks
- 2013: Spud 2: The Madness Continues as Eve Wilson
- 2013: Gallowwalkers as Angel
Tanit Phoenix Awards and Recognition
- She was named as “Who’s That Girl?” at the Woman of the Year German Maxim awards in 2003.
- Tanit Phoenix was ranked number 5 in the FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World poll of South African FHM readers in 2004, number 6 in 2005, number 10 in 2006 and number 40 in 2007.
- In 2011 she won “IGN’s Sexiest woman of the year”.
Tanit Phoenix Family
She has been in a relationship with actor Sharlto Copley since January 2012. They got engaged in Kauai, Hawaii, on 28 March 2015, and got married on the 15 February 2016 in Cape Town, South Africa.