Yvonne Chaka Chaka Biography
Yvonne Chaka Chaka was born in 1965 in Dobsonville, South Africa. She is a South African singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, humatarian and teacher.
In 2001 and 2006 she became the face of First National Bank (FNB). She served as an Honorary Colonel in the South African Air Force.
In 2015 she signed an open letter which the ONE Campaign had been collecting signatures for; the letter was addressed to Angela Merkel and Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, urging them to focus on women as they serve as the head of the G7 in Germany and the AU in South Africa respectively, which will start to set the priorities in development funding before a main UN summit in September 2015 that will establish new development goals for the generation.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Education Background
She has a degree and diploma from the University of South Africa, one in adult education, another in local government, management and administration.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
She also studied speech and drama at Trinity College, London, she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 1997.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Teaching Career
She teaches literacy part-time at the University of South Africa she has promoted the rights of women and works to protect children everywhere, and she is a Trustee of Tomorrow Trust, which educates orphans and vulnerable children.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Career in music
She was discovered by Phil Hollis of Dephon Records in 1984 when she was just 19 years. She was dubbed the Princess of Africa. Her début album was called “I’m in Love With a DJ’. Songs like “I’m Burning Up”, “I Cry for Freedom”, “Sangoma”,”Motherland” and the ever-popular, “Umqombothi” immediately ensured Chaka Chaka’s status as a star on South Africa’s mbaqanga music scene.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Songs
- Thank You Mr. D.J
- Let Me Be Free
- From Me To You
- Let Him Go
- I’m Burning Up
- I Cry For Freedom
- Kana Uchema
- Im In Love With A DJ
- Who’s Got The Power
- I’m Winning My Dear Love
- Caught Breaking The Law
- Be Proud To Be African
- I’m Suffering
- Every Woman Needs A Man
- Private Lover
- power of afrika
- Take My Love Its Free
- Come A Little Bit Closer
- Will Africa Change
- We Are Growing
- Baby I Want You Right Now
- You’re Not Woman Enough To
- Mina Ngeke Ngilunge
- Man Of The World
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Ambassador
- She is a champion for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria, the United Nations MDG Envoy for Africa.
- She is the Goodwill Ambassador for the Roll Back Malaria Partnership.
- She was the first ambassador for Nelson Mandela’s 46664 Campaign which raises global awareness of HIV/AIDS.
- She has also been ambassador to the University of South Africa (UNISA), City of Johannesburg Tourism, and South Africa’s Mpumalanga Province Tourism.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Foundation
She has a foundation known as The Princess of Africa Foundation which is a partner of the Action global health advocacy partnership.
Chaka Chaka has her own music label and her own production company, as well as owning a limousine company together with her husband, Dr Mandlalele (Tiny) Mhinga.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Membership
- She is a board member of Information Technology Companies.
- Board member of Human Resource Development
- Board member of Sandown Motors.
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Awards
2012: World Economic Forum’s Crystal Award ( she was the first African woman to receive the award)
Yvonne Chaka Chaka Family
She is married to Tiny Mhinga and they have four children.