Mombasa Marine National Park and Reserve Description
Mombasa Marine National Park and Reserve provides a natural habitat for a variety of marine life: crabs, sea urchins, sea cucumbers, sea stars/starfish, and sea jellies. It is also popular for snorkelling and diving with other notable attractions also being sand beaches and coral garden
Atrractions Mombasa Marine National Park & Reserve
- Sea grasses and marine algae
- Crabs, corals, sea urchins, jellyfish, sea stars, and sea cucumbers.
- Different varieties of coral species comprise of Acropora), Turbinaria and Porites.
- There are many seabirds in large nesting colonies and internationally significant numbers of crab plover and roseate tern.
How to get to Mombasa Marine National Park & Reserve
- Sited in the city of Mombasa about 487 km from Nairobi, the park can be reached by road from Mombasa city centre, and then connected by boat from the various points along the beach which include: Serena Gate on beach of Serena Hotel, Severin Gate on beach of Severin Hotel, Travellers Gate on beach of Travellers Hotel, Nyali Gate at Mombasa Marine Park Headquarters and Voyager Gate at Voyager water sport Area
Campsites in Mombasa Marine National Park and Reserve
Mombasa Marine National Park & Reserve fees
Adults KSH: 150
Child KSH: 150
Adults KSH: 350
Child KSH: 200
Non – Resident
Child USD: 15
Mombasa Marine National Park and Reserve contacts
Attraction Type: Beach & Marine
Category: Beach, Coral Reef, Snorkeling
City / Town: Mombasa
Telephone: 254 57 250 0136
254ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â 41 231 2744
Entrance Fee: Yes