The Britam Insurance medical cover, popularly known as Mediflex, offers inpatient cover and a fund managed outpatient cover.
The inpatient medical insurance provides a comprehensive and flexible cover for staff and their eligible dependents for hospitalization due to illnesses and/or accidental injuries occurring within the policy period.
The scheme operates on account (credit) by use of photo-cards.
Each family is covered for a specified limit, determined by the employer.
- Employees regard medical insurance as an important fringe benefit.
- Health insurance provides peace of mind to employees and their families.
- A group health policy covers people regardless of their present state of health.
- Hospital accommodation.
- Inpatient medical investigations & pathology e.g. CT scans, lab tests, ECG tests, etc.
- Prescribed drugs/medicine.
- Theatre fees and surgical appliances.
- Surgeon’s & anaesthetist’s fees.
- Day care procedures.
- Inpatient physiotherapy.
- Air & road evacuation within Kenya.
Added Benefits, at an extra cost
- Pre-existing, chronic and HIV/AIDs are covered.
- Psycho effective illness e.g. Depression is covered.
- Maternity cover.
- Free 1st Emergency Caesarean Section operation.
Treatment outside Kenya
- The policy covers expenses incurred outside East Africa up to a period of six weeks from the date of travel.
Medical insurance cover is available to registered companies, NGOs, chamas, businesses & organizations with at least 10 employees.
The outpatient package is offered on a fund managed basis, where the client deposits money with us and we administer the outpatient benefits for them.
Advantages of fund managed outpatient services
- The client chooses the benefits s/he wants.
- The client may opt not to have any exclusion if s/he so wishes.
- The client has the opportunity to decide the outpatient service outlets to use.
If, at the end of the year, there is money remaining in the fund, the client may choose to have the money refunded to him or rolled over to the next policy period.
Benefits of Britam Insurance Medical Cover
The expenses catered for are agreed upon with the client including, but not limited to, the following:
- Routine outpatient consultation.
- Diagnostic laboratory & radiology services.
- Prescribed drugs and dressings.
- Dental & optical services subject to sub-limits and terms.
- Prescribed physiotherapy.
- Chronic, recurring & pre-existing conditions.
- HIV/AIDS and related conditions and ARVs.
- Routine antenatal and postnatal care.
- Routine immunizations.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.