Dad Exposes Virgin Daughter To Team Mafisi on Facebook
The unusual post generated hundreds of comments and teases while others questioning how on earth can tell whether his daughter is celibate
It sounded like a joke when somebody shared picture on social media of a father saying: “Congratulations to my daughter Jael Atieno Odhiambo for remaining virgin girl. God bless you daughter for taking my advice to avoid sex before marriage.”
The March 9 post further invites his Facebook friends to join him in “congratulating this daughter of mine. Have taken picture with her below.”
The unusual post generated hundreds of comments and teases while others questioning how on earth can tell whether his daughter is celibate, with Eveline Kim asking, “How did you know she’s a virgin?”
Duncan Odira, the man who posted the picture, says it was all about congratulating his daughter with an open heart and he didn’t understand why everyone was making a big deal out of it.
“It is me who posted it. It is my daughter and I in that photograph,” he responded when we inquired whether a malicious author of fake news was trying to turn him into a laughing stock. “It is exactly the same way I posted it,” he added.
Odira explained that he has been encouraging pupils to abstain since 1992 and that no one ought to judge what he posts on social media, quipping that Lot (in the Bible) committed no crime when he disclosed to Sodomites and Gomorans that his daughters were virgins.
- Rosemary Odinga Bows Out of Kibra MP Race
- Chris Kirubi Rubbishes Mike Sonko’s Job Offer as Nairobi’s Economic Advisor
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
“I’m a born again Christian and I believe in instructing not only my children but the youth to be morally upright and avoid sex before marriage. I have been doing this to the pupils in schools where I have taught since I joined teaching the profession in 1992,” he told The Nairobian.
The ardent Adventist is a proud father who frequently shares pictures of his family and discusses good morals and the need for youths to remain pure.
City Counselling Psychologist James Mbugua says Kenyans shouldn’t read too much into the post because Duncan Odira is simply a proud parent in a cynical generation where virginity is no longer a virture.
“He is a proud parent. Although Facebook might not have been the right platform to celebrate his daughter, he is on the right track. Many people don’t believe virgins exist but they do, even in universities.”
To those asking how Odira concluded that his daughter was virgin, the Psychologist says parents must build trust in children because that is the core of parent-child relationships.
Adopted From The Nairobian