Daniel Karaba Biography
Daniel Karaba (Dickson Daniel Karaba) was born on 20th December 1948. He is a Kenyan politician and the senator for Kirinyaga County. He is a member of The National Alliance (TNA) and a coalition member of the Jubilee Alliance coalition.
Daniel Karaba Education
- Undergraduate Student at the University of Nairobi, bachelor’s degree in Education.
- Secondary school student of Kagumo high school, Advanced Level
- Secondary school student Kamuiru High School, Ordinary Level.
- Primary school student Kiamaina primary school.
Daniel Karaba Job History
- Started 2000 : African Confederation
- 2001 – 2002 : Principal of Highway Secondary School
- 1996 – 2001 : Principal of Kagumo High School
- 1993 – 1995 : Principal of Kianyaga High School
- 1989 – 1992 : Principal of Kirimara High School
- 1984 – 1989 : Principal of Njegas High School
Current Political Positions
- Started 11th March 2013: Senator for Kirinyaga of Senate
- From 13th February 2013: Coalition Member of Jubilee Alliance
- From 8th February 2013: Member of The National Alliance (TNA)
Previous Political Positions
- From 8th February 2013 – 4th March 2013 : Aspirant Senator for Kirinyaga County
- From 2003 – 2007 : Member of Parliament for Kirinyaga Central
- From 2002 – 2007 : Member of National Rainbow Coalition
Daniel Karaba Political Career
Dickson Daniel Karaba first ventured into politics in 2002 winning the Kirinyaga Central parliamentary seat on a NARC party ticket beating his closest rivals Lazaro Mugo and John Matere Keriri. In 2007 he lost the parliamentary seat to John Ngata Kariuki. Karaba filled a petition challenging the election of John Ngata Kariuki. In October 2010 the high court nullified the election of John Ngata Kariuki. In February 2011 Dickson Daniel Karaba lost to Joseph Gitari in the Kirinyaga Central Constituency by election. In 2013 Dickson Daniel Karaba contested for Kirinyaga Senatorial seat on a TNA party ticket and won with a landslide garnering 215,977 votes followed by Dishon Kirima on a New Democrats Party ticket garnering 11,199 votes. Karaba has served as a chairman of education committee in the 9th parliament and was given the same role in the 11th parliament as the Chairman of the Senate education committee. Karaba is known for his exemplary performance in education sector as a chairman of education. Karaba is also a member of two committees in the senate, Committee on Delegated Legislation and Committee on Parliamentary Broadcasting & Library
- Member of Delegated Legislation Committee.
- Member of Parliamentary Broadcasting & Library Committee.
- Chairman of the Senate education committee. Karaba.
- Chairman of education committee.
- 1984 – 1998 : Chair of Secondary Schools Heads Association.
Daniel Karaba Contacts
Tel: 0722845178 / 0722845178