Data Entry Jobs in Nairobi
Data Entry Jobs in Nairobi invites the applicant for the position of Internship in Data Entry and data management. They are looking for an intern to provide support on data entry and potentially on the data collection process for the period of 3 month of the project.
Data Entry Clerk Job Purpose:
Enters data into a proprietary database using data found in various mobile money platforms, databases and internal documents.
Data Entry Clerk Job Duties:
- Enters data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information using an established procedure
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from multiple systems when information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Data entry clerk roles for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Conducting data entry
- Ensuring data quality
- Working with the Program Manager to improve and refine data entry tools
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Excel mandatory, Microsoft access
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma/certificate
- 1-2 years of work experience in data entry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Experience with data collection through household and/or phone surveys, exit interviews, focus groups, observation strongly preferred
- Dependable and upholding highest level of honesty and confidentiality
- High attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and team-oriented
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Comfortable with interviewing individuals over the phone
- Ability to withstand demanding targets; does well under pressure
- Skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, Access applications.
- Must also be comfortable working in a close-knit, team environment where attitude and work ethic matter.
- Accounting Skills – Courses e.g Bcom, Economics, CPA will do.
- IT skills – Competence in Windows OS and Other office Applications
- Good performance in Mathematics and English