Deloraine House was built in 1920 by Lord Francis Scott, a prominent early settler who was instrumental in developing farms throughout Kenya. A ﬁne example of colonial architerture, the house was visited by Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, on a number of occasions. it is set in a 3,500~acre farm and surrounded by gardens with crocket lawn, tennis court and swimming pool.
There are 4 en—suite double rooms in the main house and another 3 en-suite double rooms in the cottage adjacent to the house. All rooms are decorated in English country house style, with a mixture of family heirlooms and rnodern amenities. The house has a large drawing room, dining room and veranda overlooking the gardens. Meals are created from fresh produce from the vegetable garden.
Deloraine is the headquarters of Offbeat Safaris‘ Mobile Riding Satan operation. The stables hold about 80 horses, some trained for safari and others for polo. There is a cross country course and a polo ground. Game drives in Lake Nakuru National Park, famed for its flamingo-filled lake and abundance of rhino, and trips to Lake Bogoria, famed for its hot springs, can be arranged. Deloraine House is in the foothills of Mt Londiani, about 10 mins from the Nakuru-kericho highway.
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin