K-Rep Bank is a medium-sized microfinance bank serving the urban and rural poor in Kenya, as well as financing their small-to-medium business enterprises. As of June 2014, the total asset valuation of K-Rep Bank was approximately US$161 million (KES:13.9 billion), with shareholders’ equity of approximately US$44 million (KES:3.79 billion).
K-Rep Bank was founded in 1984. In the beginning, the organization provided grants and technical assistance to NGOs. The NGOs then made loans to micro-enterprises. In 1989, K-Rep changed its strategy from making grants to NGOs to lending to the NGOs. The technical assistance that had been hitherto provided for free, now attracted a fee. In 1999, K-Rep re-organized itself into four entities:
- K-Rep Group – This is the parent company. It owns, either wholly or partially, the other three subsidiaries.
- K-Rep Bank – This is the lending arm of the Group. It is the core business of the Group. In addition to K-Rep Group, the bank has shareholders as outlined below.
- K-Rep Development Agency – This company carries out research and developmental assistance work for the Group
- K-Rep Advisory Services – This is a consulting company, which provides consultancy services for a fee
K-Rep Bank Contacts
Physical Location: K-rep Centre ,Wood Avenue Kilimani
Postal Address: 25363
Cell phone: 254-0711058000,254-0732158000
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin