Law Firms in Kenya
Lawyers in Kenya – A comprehensive guide of all lawyers and law firms in Kenya, their addresses (postal and physical), contacts and a link to the lawyer / law firm website.
That way, when you need legal advice and assistance, you’ll be working with someone whom you’re comfortable, and who understands the needs of your business.
Law Firms in Kenya – When will you need legal counsel?
- When you’re deciding whether to incorporate – and need to file the appropriate paperwork
- When you’re trying to write or decipher a complicated contract
- When you’re threatened with a lawsuit
- When you need help collecting a debt
- When you need information on regulations pertaining to your business, and assistance in how to comply with them
Law Firms in Kenya – Hire a lawyer who understands your business
Make sure that your lawyer in Kenya (and any other professional advisor) understands the specific needs of your business.
When interviewing to select a lawyer, ask whether he/she has previously worked with a company such as yours – you don’t want to have to pay for learning time.
Has the firm worked with small businesses before? What kind? And if your industry has specialized regulatory or other legal requirements, you’ll want a lawyer who is familiar with them.
Law Firms in Kenya – Use referrals
- Referrals are the best way to find just about any service you might need, and finding a lawyer is no exception.
- Talk to other business owners, and to your banker, accountant, or other trusted advisor.
- You can also check with your local bar association, although not all of them verify an attorney’s specialty or experience.
- A bar association referral will, of course, guarantee that an attorney has passed the bar exam.
Law Firms in Kenya – Understand your charges before you get a bill
A lawyers’s fees will vary depending on the location of the practice, the experience of the attorney, the specialty, and whether you’re dealing with a large firm or a small legal office.
Be aware of how the attorney charges. When you call for assistance, are you being charged for the time on the phone? If so, how are these charges calculated? Are there different rates depending on who works on your account – a lawyer, a researcher, a paralegal?
Also, ask in advance whether there will be a charge for the initial consultation.
Law Firms in Kenya -Negotiate a billing method that suits your needs
Most business people pay lawyers when they need the m – if a lawyer does two hours of work, you pay for that time. If you have an ongoing relationship with your lawyer, you will probably be billed once a month for services rendered.
Another option is to have a lawyer on retainer, but that is rare for small businesses. Retainer means that you pay a fee to a lawyer to be available to do an agreed-upon amount of duties for your company on an ongoing basis. If you head into heavy litigation, or a special project, additional fees are negotiated.
It is sometimes possible to obtain a prepaid legal plan where you get a variety of services for a flat annual fee.
There are a number of ways you can save money on your legal bills. Here are some suggestions:
Be organized for all meetings with your lawyer, because the clock is ticking. Make non-legal phone calls yourself. Do basic research yourself. Prepare a contract and show it to your lawyer rather than asking him/her to prepare it.
Top Law Firms in Kenya.
- Anjarwalla & Khanna in Mombasa and Nairobi
- Coulson Harney Advocates in Nairobi
- Daly & Figgis Advocates in Nairobi
- Hamilton Harrison & Mathews in Nairobi
- Inamdar & Inamdar in Mombasa and Nairobi
- Iseme, Kamau & Maema Advocates in Nairobi
- Kaplan & Stratton in Nairobi
- Mohammed Muigai Advocates in Nairobi
- Muthaura Mugambi Ayugi & Njonjo Advocates in Nairobi
- Oraro & Co Advocates in Nairobi
- Prof. Albert Mumma and Company Advocates in Nairobi
- Raffman Dhanji Elms & Virdee in Nairobi
Top Best Lawyers in Kenya
Lawyers in Kenya – George Oraro
He is the founder and Senior Partner at Oraro & Company Advocates. In the span of his 35 years of service at the firm, he has been involved in practicing litigation in the High Court, the Court Of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Kenya.
Mr. Oraro is a great lawyer for cases related to Banking, Corporate, Commercial Law and Civil and Criminal Litigation. He successfully defended former Cabinet minister Henry Kosgey in a case at the International Criminal Court (ICC). He also represented the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) at the Goldenberg Commission of Inquiry.
Lawyers in Kenya – Fred Ngatia (SC )
Soft-spoken but with stinging facts on matters of law. He is a hard-working lawyer who presents himself well, and is highly regarded for his litigation experience.
The brilliant lawyer is regarded in legal circles as the guru of constitutional and judicial service cases. He has been the lawyer for the late Cabinet Minister George Saitoti and represented him at the Goldenberg Commission of Inquiry. He also successfully represented the Jubilee Alliance during the 2012 election petition at the Supreme Court among others.
Lawyers in Kenya – Prof Githu Muigai (SC)
He is a former constitutional lecturer at the U.O.N and currently the Attorney General of the republic of Kenya. Prior to becoming Attorney General he served in the defunct Constitution of Kenya Review Commission (CKRC) and at the United Nations as Special Rapporteur on contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance.
He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK) and a member of the American Association of Trial Lawyers
Lawyers in Kenya – Ahmednassir Abdulahi (SC)
Former Dean, law school U.O.N and member of JSC- a master in Litigation and Arbitration and played a critical role in the recruitment of judges of the Supreme Court.
He is a senior partner in Ahmednassir, Abdikadir and Company Advocates alongside former Mandera Central MP Abdikadir Mohammed. He successfully represented the IEBC during the 2012 election petition at the Supreme Court. He is also the publisher of the Nairobi Law Monthly.
Lawyers in Kenya – Fred Ojiambo (SC)
Impeccable mastery of language and partner at one the best law firms around. He is a “brilliant lawyer” who is held in high esteem across the market. He represented Lord Decamere’s grandson when he shot a Kenyan on his expansive ranch near Nakuru and got away with it.
Lawyers in Kenya – Prof. Patricia Kamori Mbote (SC)
Her scholarly contribution on Land Law to the legal fraternity is enormous. She is Professor of Law at Strathmore University. She previously worked as an Associate Professor of Law at the School of Law, University of Nairobi and is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya. She has served as a Policy scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.
She has published widely in the areas of international law, environmental law, women’s rights and property rights.
Lawyers in Kenya – Ambrose Rachier
- Daniel Ndambuki (Churchill) Responds To Rumors That He Is Dead
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
He is a successful practitioner, especially in the area of conveyance. Advocate of the High Court, expert on property rights and human rights and legal & ethical issues relating to health.
Lawyers in Kenya – Amos Wako (SC)
The longest serving AG, (Constitutional Law) He is the immediate former AG of Kenya. He served the Kenyan government as the chief Legal advisor for 20 years. Wako served as the Secretary General of African Bar Association between 1978 and 1980. He is a member of faculty at the University of Nairobi and he served as a committee member with the UN Human Rights. He oversaw the transition from single party state to multi-party democracy.
Lawyers in Kenya – Kenneth Fraser (SC)
He is the senior partner of the Hamilton Harrison & Mathews firm and heads the Litigation Department. He has extensive commercial litigation and arbitration experience in connection with various aspects of banking law, state corporations, insurance law, communications law and commercial law.
Lawyers in Kenya – James Orengo – Senior Counsel (SC)
A man of vast experience, his legal mind and political career place him in a unique position. This is one of the senior lawyers who represented the CORD coalition in the petition case. He is a prominent lawyer in Kenya, a former Ugenya MP, former Minister and currently the Siaya County Senator.
Lawyers in Kenya – Jotham Arwa
One of the Best litigation lawyers. He is the Managing Partner of the law firm of Rachier & Amollo Advocates, where he heads Legal Consultancy and Commercial Law department. Arwa, arguably one of the most brilliant legal and analytical minds in the business, has tremendous experience in civil and criminal law in addition to his impeccable expertise in commercial matter.
He has rendered numerous complex legal consultancy services on various fields over the years and has wealth of experience in legal and regulatory framework review. He has taught law in various universities and colleges including Kenya school of monetary studies, Kenya school of law, university of Nairobi and he is presently lecturing law at the Jomo Kenyatta university Agriculture and technology.
Lawyers in Kenya – Pheroze Nowrjee (SC)
He is an iconic figure in the disputes arena, who is highly regarded for his knowledge of constitutional law. Clients seek his advice on particularly complex cases.
Currently, he is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, Zanzibar and Tanzania. In addition to that, he is also a barrister on Linciln’s Inn. He earned a B.A. degree from Xavier’s and later attended Yale University from where he earned LLM degree in 1974.
Lawyers in Kenya – Joe Okwatch (SC)
Lawyers in Kenya – Gibson Kamau Kuria (SC)
Since 1975, Dr. Kuria has published many articles on constitutionalism, rule of law, human rights, legal education, family law, and succession in such scholarly journals as The East African Law Journal. On 28 March 2003, Dr. Kuria was appointed by the President to serve as assisting counsel in the commission to enquire into the Goldenberg Scandal.
He has received so many local and international award for championing for human rights.
Lawyers in Kenya – Paul Muite (SC)
Paul Kibugi Muite- a reformist, human rights lawyer, senior counsel, leader and politician. He is one of the founders of the original Forum for the Restoration of Democracy (FORD) before its breakup and became the first vice- chairman of FORD-K under the late Jaramogi Oginga Odinga.
He is currently representing the Mau Mau against the British government.
Top Lawyers in Kenya – Willy Mutunga (SC)
He is an intellectual, reform activist, and, since June 2011, the Chief Justice of Kenya and President of the Supreme Court of Kenya.
He is also the author of a number of widely published articles on the rights of detainees, the role of NGOs and civil society in democratization, the constitutional rights of Kenya’s nomad pastoralists, and the rights of tenants.
Until his appointment as the Chief Justice, Dr. Mutunga was the representative for the Ford Foundation in Nairobi, overseeing all grants making in the Eastern Africa region, mainly focusing on human rights and social justice and protection of women’s rights.
Lawyers in Kenya – Prof. PLO Lumumba
He has over 25 years’ experience in legal practice and academia. He has in-depth experience gained over the years in several practice areas as follows: civil litigation, commercial and conveyance law, trusts, probate and administration law, constitutional and family law, employment and labour law, administrative and human rights law.
P.L.O- Lumumba has lectured at the United States International University, Nairobi, the University of Nairobi, and Widener University (USA) Nairobi Summer Programs.
P.L.O- Lumumba is a renowned legal practitioner recognized by peers as a leading litigator in Constitutional Law and Judicial Review Cases. Ha also has been recognized by the Kenya- USA Society as a Leader in the mould of Dr. Martin Luther King Jnr. With several thousand speeches on diverse subjects delivered in and outside Kenya, Lumumba is recognized as one of the leading public speakers in Kenya. In the period between 2002- 2005, Dr. Lumumba served as the Secretary (Chief Executive) of the Constitution of Kenya Review Commission, the body that was mandated to collect Kenyan views and prepare draft Constitution for deliberations at the National Constitutional Conference.
Lawyers in Kenya – Rachael Omamo (SC)
A lawyer with vast experience. She is the first woman to become the chairperson of the Law Society of Kenya (LSK). She is the immediate former ambassador to France and currently Kenya’s Defense secretary. She was a member of the task force for the establishment of Truth, Justice and Reconciliation Commission, a member of taskforce on the Review of Landlord and Tenant legislation as well as Assisting Counsel to the Ndung’u Land Commission.
Lawyers in Kenya – Judy Thongori
A family lawyer and former executive director Fida
Lawyers in Kenya – Mohamed Nyaoga
He has extensive experience in civil and commercial disputes, and is also considered a go-to specialist for admiralty and maritime law. He specialises in corporate finance, civil and commercial litigation. He is a recognized authority on bank securities. In addition to the practice of Law, he is the immediate past Vice -Chairman of the Law Reform Commission and the Chairman of its Business Laws Committee.
Other Featured Law Firms in Kenya
- A B Patel & Patel Advocates
- A F Gross & Company Advocates
- A R Kapila & Company
- Ahmednasir Abdikadir & Co. Advocates
- Ameli Inyangu & Partners
- Amit R. Gadhia, Advocates
- Amolo & Gacoka Advocates
- B M Muite & Co. Advocates
- B M Musau & Co., Advocates
- Bowman Gilfillan
- BURTON ISINDU and COMPANY ADVOCATES
- Chiuri Kirui & Rugo, Advocates
- Christine Kipsang &co Advocates
- Daly & Figgis
- E M Juma, Ombui & Co Advocates
- E W Munyari & Company Advocates
- Eddie Njiru & Company Advocates
- Gathenji & Company Advocates
- Gathumbi & Company Advocates
- Gitonga, Kinyanjui & Co. Advocates
- Greg Karungo, Barrister
- H M Ongeri & Associates
- Hamilton Harrison & Mathews
- Hamilton, Harrison & Mathews Law Firm
- Hassan N Lakicha & Company Advocates
- Igeria & Ngugi Advocates
- Iseme, Kamau & Maema Advocates
- Iseme, Kamau & Maema Advocates (IKM)
- J. K. Kibicho & Co. Advocates
- J. O. Juma & Co. Advocates
- Jennifer.M. Shamalla & Co. Advocates
- John Mburu & Co, Advocates
- K. Itonga & Company Advocates
- Kabiru & Co. Advocates
- Kairu & Mccourt Advocates
- Kalinga & Company
- Kaplan & Stratton Advocates
- Kembi-Gitura & Co Advocates
- Kemboy & Company Advocates
- Kiarie Kariuki & Co Advocates
- Kiget & Co Advocates
- Kilonzo & Aziz Co Advocates
- Kimani Waweru & Co. Advocates
- Kipkenda, Lilan & Koech Advocates
- Kipsang Murugi Mugo & Co Advocate
- Kiruti & Co. Advocates
- KN Associates, Advocates
- KTK Advocates
- L.G. Menezes Advocates
- Lutta And Company Advocates
- M A Khan Advocat
- Maanzo & Co. Advocates
- Mahida & Maina Company Advocates
- Mengo & Associates
- Miller and Company Advocates
- Miller and Company Advocates
- Mohamed Madhani & Company Advocates
- Mohammed & Muigai Advocates
- Mulwa Advocates
- Mumbi Mionki & Co. Advocates
- Munyi Kithaka & Company Advocates
- Muriu Mungai & Co Advocates
- Musyimi and Company
- Muteithia Kibira & Co. Advocates
- Muthoga Gaturu & Co. Advocates
- Muthoga, Gaturu & Company Advocates
- Muthoni Gitumbi & Co. Advocates
- Muthoni Gitumbi & Co. Advocates
- Mutuli & Apopo Advocates
- Mwagambo & Okonjo Advocates
- Mwangi, Wahome & Co. Advocates
- Naikuni Ngaah & Co. Advocates
- Narangwi & Associates
- Ndeda & Company Advocates
- Ndegwa, Muthama & Katisya Associates
- Ndichu, Oloo & Company Advocates
- Ndirangu Kamau Advocates
- Ndonye & Associates Advocates
- Ndonye, Mbugwa, Atudo & Macharia Advocates
- Nduati Charagu & Co Advocates
- Njoroge Regeru & Company Advocates
- Nyamogo & Nyamogo Advocates
- O.M. Otieno & Company Advocates
- Odhiambo Owiti & Company Advocates
- Ogola Okello & Company Advocates
- Ombuna Ongeri & Company Advocates
- Ombuna Ongeri and Company Advocates
- Onesmus Langat And Company Advocates
- Owaga and Associates Advocates
- Philip Muoka & Co. Advocates
- PM Muchira & Co Advocates
- Prof. Albert Mumma and Company Advocates
- Punja & Kagongona Advocates
- Rachier & Amollo Advocates
- Rachier & Amollo Advocates
- Raffman Dhanji Elms & Virdee Advocates
- Robert Ongeri & Associates
- Shapley Barret & Co
- Sheikh and Company Advocates
- Sichangi & Company Advocates
- Sichangi Partners Advocates
- Simani & Associates
- Simani and Associates
- SNR Denton Advocates
- Stephen Oddiaga & Co. Advocates
- Veronicah & Miencha Advocates
- Walker Kontos
- Walker Kontos Advocates
- Wanam Sale
- Wandie & Company Advocates
- Wanyaga & Njaramba Advocates
- Waruhiu K’owade & Ng’ang’a Advocates
- William, Muriithi, Karuoya & Co. Advocates
Law Firms in Kenya – Lawyers in Kenya Video