Longonot Ranch House
Longonot Ranch House was built by Martha Gellhorn, wife of the legendary author Ernest Hemingway. lt was used by Hemingway during his East African hunting safaris immortalised in Green Hills of Africa.
The colonial style house is situated on the 82,000-acre Kedong Ranch, near Lake Naivasha. It is a hosted homestay retreat, suitable for families or groups of friends.
The ranch house has 3 en-suite double rooms and the Hemingway Suite, with 2 interconnecting double rooms, suitable for a family. The cottage has 2 en—suite double rooms and an open plan dining and sitting room.
- Rosemary Odinga Bows Out of Kibra MP Race
- Chris Kirubi Rubbishes Mike Sonko’s Job Offer as Nairobi’s Economic Advisor
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
The manyatta, a traditional round building, contains an en~suite double room. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the ranch house, and sundowners are provided on the veranda.
Activities, for a surcharge, include horse riding and boat trips on the lake. Game drives and game walks on the ranch are also available. The area is home to proliﬁc birdlife, as well as game including eland, giraffe, buffalo, zebra, impala, warthog, bat eared fox and spring hare.
Occasionally cheetah, leopard and aardvark have been seen. Safaris and excursions to Lake Naivasha, Hell’s Gate National Park, Mt Longonot, Lake Nakuru National Park and other destinations in Kenya can be arranged.