Roofing Materials in Kenya
When looking for the best Roofing materials in Kenya for your house, there are four basic questions you should ask yourself to aid in making the decision:
- Are you going to trap rain water from the roof for drinking?
- What are the structural needs for the material?
- How durable is the material?
- What are the comparative costs?
Factors to consider when selecting roofing materials in Kenya
Climate: Flat roofs are common in areas where there is low rainfall for example in northern eastern Kenya. Steep roofs are suitable in areas where there is high rainfall to increase the surface run-off of rain water.
Cost: Thatch roof is the cheapest in Kenya at 2 dollars per square meter. Concrete roofing tiles cost 4 dollars per square meter. The costs of iron-sheets, which are commonly used, vary depending on their sizes.
- INTERIOR CABINET SECRETARY JOSEPH NKAISSERY IS DEAD
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Theme design and shape of the roof: Concrete roofing tiles can be used for design of hipped roofs since there is less cutting and thus reduced wastage. Gable roofs can be erected using any type of roofing material.
Top Roofing materials in Kenya
Clay tiles are expensive and heavy though that is overshadowed by the fact that they are durable and water resistant.
Concrete tiles are durable and cheaper as compared to clay tiles. They are heavy and may pressurize the house.
Metal roofs are attractive and durable. They contain recycled material and can be recycled at the end of their lifetime.
They are the most used roofing type since they are affordable. It is advisable to use bituminous shingles as they contain higher bitumen content and fibreglass reinforcement that prevents heat gain. Shingles are also coated with naturally mined granules which prevent damage by UV rays
They are attractive though expensive and heavy which may pressurise the house.
These are often made of cedar. Shakes without additives, preservatives or moss inhibitors are highly recommendable due to their environmental friendliness.
Fiber cement looks like slate although it is much lighter. It is made by mixing cellulose fiber and cement. It is both weather and fire resistant.
Roofing Materials in Kenya – Roofing Material
The main kinds of roofing materials used in Kenya are: Clay tiles, concrete tiles, stone coated steel sheets, and mabati (galvanized iron sheets). There are also innovative iron sheet products that come under different brand names like Orientile and so on.
Roofing Materials in Kenya
A comprehensive list of all companies dealing with roofing materials in Kenya, their addresses (postal and physical), contacts (telephone and e-mail) and a link to the roofing tiles in Kenya company websites.
List of Roofing Materials Sheets and Tiles in Kenya
- Accrow Supplies Ltd
- Aquaseal Construction Ltd
- Arma Roofing Contractors
- Athi Commercial Services Ltd
- Ciddah Roofing & Building Materials
- Classic Roofing Solution & Supplies Ltd
- Corrugated Group Of Co.
- Corrugated Sheets Ltd
- Deco Roofing Systems Ltd
- Ecoline Building Supplies
Roofing Materials in Kenya – Video
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/