Bishop Gatimu Ngandu Girls School Overview
Bishop Gatimu Ngandu Girls was founded in the 1960s by the late Bishop Caesar Gatimu and was run by the Comboni mission in Karatina, Nyeri, Kenya. It initially took the name of the area where it was situated, i.e. Ngandu Girls’ High School, and the name was later changed to honor its founder.
The late Sister Nazarena Zonta and her deputy ran the school until 1983. Various lay principals (or headmistresses) have headed the school since.
The school’s Old Girls’ group is making an effort to reunite with alumni to help revamp the school and collect donations to the school. The group visits the school various times in a year to talk to the current student body and offer them career advice and leadership.
In the 1980s the school was ranked among the top girls’ schools throughout the decade. In the 1990s it stayed in the top ten and has continued to maintain the excellent performance in National exams year after year.
The school has participated variously in national competitions like the Great debaters among others.
Bishop Gatimu Ngandu Girls Contacts
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
School Name: Bishop Gatimu Ngandu Girls
Physical Location: Ngandu Area
Address: P.O. Box 182, Karatina 10101
City/Town : Nyeri
School Category: Public
School Code :
Phone Number: 061-2072180, 020-2052716
School – Highlights
Girls and Boys Scouts:
School – Facilities
Bishop Gatimu Ngandu Girls Video