How to Get The Latest Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Like any other job search, to get Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya, you first need to figure out where you want to work through a personal assessment and a survey of the field in Kenya to allow you to identify the type of job that you want to pursue. Then you need to build the experiences and skills that will help you land the jobs you identify as meeting your interests.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Description
As a civil engineer you would plan, design and manage a variety of construction projects. You could work on everything from bridges and tall buildings to transport links and sports stadia.
If you are interested in designing and building things then this job could be ideal for you.
To become a civil engineer you will need excellent maths and IT skills. You’ll also need to be able to explain design ideas clearly and be well organised.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
Before you start in this job you would normally need to complete a degree or postgraduate master’s degree in civil engineering.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – The Work
As a civil engineer, you could work in any one of the following specialist areas of engineering:
- Structural – dams, buildings, offshore platforms and pipelines
- Transportation – roads, railways, canals and airports
- Environmental – water supply networks, drainage and flood barriers
- Maritime – ports, harbours and sea defences
- Geotechnical – mining, earthworks and construction foundations.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Tasks
These branches sometimes overlap but your regular tasks could include:
- Planning requirements with the client and colleagues
- Analysing survey, testing and mapping data using computer modelling software
- Creating blueprints using computer aided design (CAD)
- Judging whether projects are feasible by looking at costs, time and labour requirements
- Assessing the environmental impact and risks connected to projects
- Preparing bids for tenders, and reporting to clients, public agencies and planning organisations
- Managing, directing and monitoring progress during each stage of a project
- Making sure that sites meet legal guidelines, and health and safety requirements.
- You would normally work on projects alongside other professionals, such as architects, surveyors and building contractors.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Entry requirements
You would normally need to do a Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) Degree or a Master’s (MEng) Degree in Civil Engineering to start your career. These qualifications are important if you want to work towards incorporated or chartered engineer status later on. You could study other engineering-related subjects, but it may take you longer to fully qualify.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Skills, interests and qualities
To become a civil engineer, you will need to have:
- Excellent maths, science, and IT skills
- The ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly
- The ability to analyse large amounts of data, and assess solutions
- A confident decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management skills
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines
- Good teamwork skills
- Full knowledge of relevant legal regulations.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Opportunities
You may find opportunities with local authorities, building contractors, power companies, environmental agencies and specialist consulting firms.
With incorporated or chartered status, you could move into senior project management roles, specialise in a particular field, move into research or work as a consultant.
You could also work with international development and disaster relief agencies.
Top Jobs websites in Kenya to find Current Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya
These Kenyan Jobs websites have really simple to use and effective search tools so you don’t have to spend so much time searching for the latest civil engineering jobs in Kenya. We are going to make a brief comparison and try to explain why each site is considered among the best for finding current civil engineering jobs in Kenya.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Brighter Monday
Brighter Monday is among the leading boards for Kenyan jobs online that offers job listings, resume posting and great career advice to job searchers. Brighter Monday allows members to receive daily updates of the most recent jobs, post your CVs and get more information about the companies advertising for jobs.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Kenyan jobs Blogspot
This job site is likely the most popular among job seekers in Kenya. What’s unique about Kenyan jobs Blogspot is that they provide a very easy means of viewing job openings based on their categories. Plus their categories of jobs are very wide which is great for most job seekers.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Kenyan Career
Kenyan Career offers almost all services offered by other portals for jobs in Kenya. They post job openings, allow CV postings and send job updates and every service is free. They even allow job seekers to share what they’ve gone through to succeed in their careers on their category on Kenyan Experiences.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Best Jobs Kenya
Best Jobs Kenya provides an equal opportunity for both employers and job seekers to get the exposure they need. Job seekers can post their CVs, browse through the latest job openings and even search for jobs based on the company they want to work for. The job portal has minimal ads on the home page which is great because it minimizes distraction.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Career Point Kenya
Some of the things you are likely to enjoy about this Kenyan job site include their News and HR Advice segments. The site provides job openings as well as critical information to job seekers like interview answers and sample cover letters.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Job Rapido
Job Rapido is quite different from most job sites listed above because it posts all vacancies which are on career sites across the world. When you visit Job Rapido, you will be asked to select your country because they have listed jobs from all over the world. It certainly provides a more comprehensive job search.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Career Jet
Career Jet gathers listings from websites of top companies and posts them on their site. Career Jet lists job openings in different countries, but they have a comprehensive list of Kenyan job vacancies available in different parts of the country.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Recruitment Kenya
Recruitment Kenya will offer a number of fresh job openings and also interview tips which help job seekers to land their dream job. The site is clean and simple to use.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Job Web Kenya
Job Web Kenya is a nice job portal considering they post thousands of openings on a daily basis and they don’t offer only Kenyan jobs. Though you are likely to find similar jobs posted on other sites such as Brighter Monday. They are also present in South Africa, Nigeria and Ghana.
Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya – Kenya Moja
Kenya Moja is a popular site in Kenya that not only provides entertainment news, but job openings as well. They add new vacancies on a daily basis, so you are likely to get openings which are not found anywhere else online. Because of the traffic this site gets on a daily basis, more employers are opting to post their vacancies on Kenya Moja.
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/