How to Get The Latest International Jobs in Kenya
Like any other job search, to get International Jobs in Kenya, you first need to figure out where you want to work through a personal assessment and a survey of the field in Kenya to allow you to identify the type of job that you want to pursue. Then you need to build the experiences and skills that will help you land the jobs you identify as meeting your interests.
International Jobs in Kenya – Diplomat
As an officer in the diplomatic service in Kenya, you would work for the ministry of foreign affairs in Kenya either in Kenya and abroad. You would promote and protect Kenya’s interests and citizens overseas, and provide advice and support to ministers developing Kenya foreign policy. If you are interested in international affairs and you are a quick thinking problem solver, this job could suit you well.
To be good at this job you will need to communicate well, and get on with people from all societies and cultures. You will need to be willing to work anywhere in the world.
Entry requirements vary depending on the grade of job you’re applying for. To get an international job in Kenya, you must meet the nationality and residency requirements, and pass a strict security vetting process.
International Jobs in Kenya – Work activities
The work of diplomats is varied and covers every area where Kenya interests and citizens are involved internationally. You could have political, commercial or consular responsibilities. They could include:
- Monitoring political and economic developments in other countries
- Representing Kenya in government and the media
- Helping Kenya companies to trade overseas
- Promoting investment into Kenya
- Assisting Kenyan citizens in other countries
- Processing visa applications for people overseas who wish to come to Kenya.
Your day-to-day duties would depend on your job grade. For example:
- Policy officers – research issues and help to develop policy and strategy
- Executive assistants – draft letters, handle accounts and invoices, and provide clerical support
- Administrative assistants – provide clerical support.
- As a Kenyan-based policy or operational officer, you might be responsible for one country or geographical area, or for a specific foreign policy issue that affects many countries.
International Jobs in Kenya – Working hours and conditions
You will normally work 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. However, when overseas, your hours and conditions may vary according to the culture and climate of your host country. Some jobs may involve being on call 24 hours a day.
International Jobs in Kenya – Entry requirements
The qualifications and experience that you need to be a diplomat will vary depending on the role you wish to apply for.
Whatever your qualifications you would be expected to have relevant work or life experience. For example, experience in management or business administration for policy adviser jobs.
For some jobs you may also be asked for a relevant professional qualification such as accounting. Job adverts give more details about entry requirements.
As part of the civil service reform you would also be assessed on skills, knowledge and behaviours or ‘competencies’ that fit in with the values of the Kenya government and the civil service. The competencies that are required for each job role are shown on the job advert.
International Jobs in Kenya – Skills, interests and qualities
To be a diplomatic service officer you should have:
- An interest in international affairs
- A willingness to work anywhere in the world
- Initiative and quick thinking
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- The ability to get on with people from all societies and cultures
- An organised approach
- Tact and maturity.
International Jobs in Kenya – Opportunities
You would be based in Nairobi, or in embassies, consulates or High Commissions all over the world. Jobs are advertised in the national press and on the Ministry of foreign affairs website.
Top Jobs Websites in Kenya to find Current International Jobs in Kenya
These Kenyan Jobs websites have really simple to use and effective search tools so you don’t have to spend so much time searching for the latest international jobs in Kenya. We are going to make a brief comparison and try to explain why each site is considered among the best for finding current international jobs in Kenya.
International Jobs in Kenya – Brighter Monday
Brighter Monday is among the leading boards for Kenyan jobs online that offers job listings, resume posting and great career advice to job searchers. Brighter Monday allows members to receive daily updates of the most recent jobs, post your CVs and get more information about the companies advertising for jobs.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
International Jobs in Kenya – Kenyan jobs Blogspot
This job site is likely the most popular among job seekers in Kenya. What’s unique about Kenyan jobs Blogspot is that they provide a very easy means of viewing job openings based on their categories. Plus their categories of jobs are very wide which is great for most job seekers.
International Jobs in Kenya – Kenyan Career
Kenyan Career offers almost all services offered by other portals for jobs in Kenya. They post job openings, allow CV postings and send job updates and every service is free. They even allow job seekers to share what they’ve gone through to succeed in their careers on their category on Kenyan Experiences.
International Jobs in Kenya – Best Jobs Kenya
Best Jobs Kenya provides an equal opportunity for both employers and job seekers to get the exposure they need. Job seekers can post their CVs, browse through the latest job openings and even search for jobs based on the company they want to work for. The job portal has minimal ads on the home page which is great because it minimizes distraction.
International Jobs in Kenya – Career Point Kenya
Some of the things you are likely to enjoy about this Kenyan job site include their News and HR Advice segments. The site provides job openings as well as critical information to job seekers like interview answers and sample cover letters.
International Jobs in Kenya – Job Rapido
Job Rapido is quite different from most job sites listed above because it posts all vacancies which are on career sites across the world. When you visit Job Rapido, you will be asked to select your country because they have listed jobs from all over the world. It certainly provides a more comprehensive job search.
International Jobs in Kenya – Career Jet
Career Jet gathers listings from websites of top companies and posts them on their site. Career Jet lists job openings in different countries, but they have a comprehensive list of Kenyan job vacancies available in different parts of the country.
International Jobs in Kenya – Recruitment Kenya
Recruitment Kenya will offer a number of fresh job openings and also interview tips which help job seekers to land their dream job. The site is clean and simple to use.
International Jobs in Kenya – Job Web Kenya
Job Web Kenya is a nice job portal considering they post thousands of openings on a daily basis and they don’t offer only Kenyan jobs. Though you are likely to find similar jobs posted on other sites such as Brighter Monday. They are also present in South Africa, Nigeria and Ghana.
International Jobs in Kenya – Kenya Moja
Kenya Moja is a popular site in Kenya that not only provides entertainment news, but job openings as well. They add new vacancies on a daily basis, so you are likely to get openings which are not found anywhere else online. Because of the traffic this site gets on a daily basis, more employers are opting to post their vacancies on Kenya Moja.
Jobs in Kenya
- Accounting Jobs in Kenya
- Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
- Banking Jobs in Kenya
- Civil Engineering Jobs in Kenya
- Computer, IT, ICT Jobs in Kenya
- Data Entry Jobs in Kenya
- Electrical Engineering Jobs in Kenya
- Embassy Jobs in Kenya
- Finance Jobs in Kenya
- Government of Kenya Jobs
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Kenya
- Graphic Design Jobs in Kenya
- Hospitality Jobs in Kenya
- Hotel Jobs in Kenya
- How to Write a CV in Kenya
- Hr Jobs in Kenya
- Insurance Jobs in Kenya
- International Jobs in Kenya
- Legal Jobs in Kenya
- Logistics Jobs in Kenya
- Marketing Jobs in Kenya
- Media Jobs in Kenya
- Medical Jobs in Kenya
- Ngo Jobs in Kenya
- Nursing Jobs in Kenya
- Nutrition Jobs in Kenya
- Online Jobs in Kenya
- Procurement Jobs in Kenya
- Public Health Jobs in Kenya
- Research Jobs in Kenya
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Kenya
- Sales Jobs in Kenya
- Security Jobs in Kenya
- Teaching Jobs in Kenya
- Tourism Jobs in Kenya
- Un Jobs in Kenya
- Volunteer Jobs in Kenya
- Web Design Jobs in Kenya
- Writing Jobs in Kenya